Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally found my white whale! Still in shock!

Detectorben

It's been a while since I posted a find here. But I felt like this was a good comeback post!

I have been dreaming of digging one of these since I was swinging my whites coinmaster as a kid! I am still in shock that I finally found one. Some here have found a few so they will probably laugh at me!

On our last hunt we stopped at a fairgrounds that we have never hunted. We didn't set out to hunt this location but just happened upon it. I am so glad we did! I was hunting an area where vendor tents have been set up each year since the 1880s. I was finding a lot of clad but nothing really old. Then I came upon a solid 36 signal on the nox. It was shallow and pin pointing like a larger object that was shallow. I assumed it was a crushed aluminum can. Boy was I surprised when I flipped the plug over and saw a huge silver fall right off the plug and back into the hole!! I started shaking and called pastor Bob over. Turned on the camera and pulled the plug back out. There it was shinning like star! My first Morgan dollar!! I am still in shock! This is the best find of my metal detecting career to this point. My hunting buddy Bob managed to find some awesome silver as well! It was a blast! Thanks for looking everyone!!

If anyone wants to watch the whole hunt video just check out my YouTube channel.

Attachments

• IMG_20210706_172156_039.jpg
    IMG_20210706_172156_039.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20210706_172156_182.jpg
    IMG_20210706_172156_182.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20210706_172156_209.jpg
    IMG_20210706_172156_209.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20210706_172156_225.jpg
    IMG_20210706_172156_225.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 20210702_181531.jpg
    20210702_181531.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 138
  • 20210702_173059.jpg
    20210702_173059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Nice job Ben one of the Morgan’s I found was very memorable as my friend pastor Randy had just found a gold white sapphire ring.
And I said to him the day can’t possibly get any better well I took about 20 steps and had a 97 on my Deus at the time turned out to be my first Morgan then I checked the area and had another 97 right near the Morgan and it was a walker!
You never forget finds like that! I’m subscribed to your channel have to watch it today!
Congratulations
Mark

What a great find!! As u2 mentioned how did people lose a big coin. As a boy I remember having holes in my pockets all the time. My mom would stitch them up. Always losing things. I carry more junk now yet I haven't had a hole in years. Better material? Don't really know.

It's funny that you posted this as I drove by where I found my first Morgan just today. And I remembering how excited I was like it was yesterday. Looks like the rest of the hunt went well!
HH Jeff
I will never forget this spot or this hunt that's for sure!
Ain’t no laughing matter whenever you find a Morgan. Nothing but smiles for miles for you. Congrats 🎉🎊👍
Thanks mike!!
Nice, Don't you wonder how people could lose a coin that big?
I definitely wonder about that. It is crazy. Depending on when it was dropped especially that was a lot of money in the late 1800s early 1900s!
Congrats on your 1st Morgan. No matter how many one has found, they are always one of the more special finds. Hope you guys can get back to that old fairgrounds. Sounds like it still has some more goodies to give up. HH jim tn
Thanks Jim!!
Nice job Ben one of the Morgan’s I found was very memorable as my friend pastor Randy had just found a gold white sapphire ring.
And I said to him the day can’t possibly get any better well I took about 20 steps and had a 97 on my Deus at the time turned out to be my first Morgan then I checked the area and had another 97 right near the Morgan and it was a walker!
You never forget finds like that! I’m subscribed to your channel have to watch it today!
Congratulations
Mark
Wow that would be awesome! Thanks for watching and supporting my channel! I love sharing these moments with other detectorists.
What a great find!! As u2 mentioned how did people lose a big coin. As a boy I remember having holes in my pockets all the time. My mom would stitch them up. Always losing things. I carry more junk now yet I haven't had a hole in years. Better material? Don't really know.
Thanks!! Yeah it is a bad day when you loose that much money back in those days! Not sure how it could happen??
Great find Ben!. I have been lucky enough to pull 1897,1889,1890 Morgan Dollars. You know what I am talking about now when I mention the 'Shock Factor' a person gets when seeing one of these in the hole. Nice pictures also. Beautiful coin.
Dave
Wow congrats! I really hope I can find more Morgan's in the future. I will keep looking that is for sure! Thanks!!
That is a heckuva find!! Congrats!!
Thanks Ted!
What a find!!!!
That one is a beauty!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Thanks!!

I’ve not found an American silver dollar yet but have recovered one clad as well as an older Canadian silver. You kinda feel like your watching a movie and your kneeling by the hole and the only sunshine is a single ray shining down on you. Congrats!!!

It's been a while since I posted a find here. But I felt like this was a good comeback post!

I have been dreaming of digging one of these since I was swinging my whites coinmaster as a kid! I am still in shock that I finally found one. Some here have found a few so they will probably laugh at me!

On our last hunt we stopped at a fairgrounds that we have never hunted. We didn't set out to hunt this location but just happened upon it. I am so glad we did! I was hunting an area where vendor tents have been set up each year since the 1880s. I was finding a lot of clad but nothing really old. Then I came upon a solid 36 signal on the nox. It was shallow and pin pointing like a larger object that was shallow. I assumed it was a crushed aluminum can. Boy was I surprised when I flipped the plug over and saw a huge silver fall right off the plug and back into the hole!! I started shaking and called pastor Bob over. Turned on the camera and pulled the plug back out. There it was shinning like star! My first Morgan dollar!! I am still in shock! This is the best find of my metal detecting career to this point. My hunting buddy Bob managed to find some awesome silver as well! It was a blast! Thanks for looking everyone!!

If anyone wants to watch the whole hunt video just check out my YouTube channel.
Congratulations, still looking for mine.

And what a nice find in great condition--LIBERTY shines big & bold clearly! CONGRATS! Ma

Congratulations, that’s a terrific find!
Tony

Congrats on that beautiful Morgan!

Way to go Ben. Absolutely stunning. If I ever get lucky enough to put my coil over one, I would probably have the "big one". I would guess that a shallow silver dollar might get passed up as crushed can. At any rate, you did not pass it up. Maybe a gold coin next?