Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally found one!

Congrats on the nice find!

You guys are right. Hard to find one with a legible date. They remind me of my childhood. Yeah, I'm old but still dinning.

Congrats on your first Buffalo !
Yes, your lucky that your first one has a date - from what I've seen - 50% of them or maybe even less - don't have dates.

wyohunter99 said:
Thanks guys! Here’s a couple more pics after I cleaned it up.
Nice find could you tell me what you used to clean it with??

congrats on the first one and I hope many others follow.

Mkus said:
wyohunter99 said:
Thanks guys! Here’s a couple more pics after I cleaned it up.
Nice find could you tell me what you used to clean it with??
Sorry for the delayed response! I used apple cider vinegar. I let it soak for a few hours and then used a sos pad on it.

Thanks calabash digger!

Nice one.. there's nothing like finding your first....

:thumbup:

Nice Job!

Rich -

Wyohunter99,

Congratulations on your first Buffalo Nickel! An added bonus is that it has a clear date and mintmark! A friend of mine, who has been detecting for about 3 years, had never dug a merc. It really got to him because he had seen me dig several in front of him. Then, one time, I suggested that he swing his coil near an old tree stump where the weeds had recently been mowed. He was so excited that he had finaly found his first merc there. He ran over to show it to me. When he went back to that stump, he dug another merc a bout 5 inches from the first one! The monkey was off of his back! I'm sure that you have plenty more good finds in front of you! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel