Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got out today after that terrible winter

jabbo

and dug up two nice Crotal bells in crop fields. One bell is really big and both are in excellent condition. Plus a no date Indian Head penny, old Chinese coin, Canadian penny. The place goes back to the early 1700's but all wooded now and loaded with thorn bushes, can barely swing the coil. Gotta be more old coins lost in that crop field before it became wooded. The bushes make it nearly impossible to search, but still it was satisfying to get out and swing the coil again. CoinStrike. Jabbo

you made out well with those finds and like you said was nice getting out,

Mike, I see a 3 stamped on it. Also S and N. Also dug up a horse shoe, probably from the horses plowing the field. The young man who rents the house (built in 1716) said there is a family cemetery in the woods behind the house. I did see what looks like a head stone laying flat on the ground but I couldn't lift it up and read it. Also there is a cemetery in the front yard close to the highway with about 5 graves. Looks like the winter doldrums went away in this neck of the woods. Daily temp is up into the 50's now and the soil is soft. I'll go back again. The biggest crop field is now a football field on college property, was plowed level so any goodies are out of range of detectors.

Mike, thanks for the valuable info on Bell makers. Looks like my bigger bell was cast by Mr. Seth North, he died in 1851. Closed his foundry in 1840, was located on the east coast not far from me.

jabbo said:
Mike, thanks for the valuable info on Bell makers. Looks like my bigger bell was cast by Mr. Seth North, he died in 1851. Closed his foundry in 1840, was located on the east coast not far from me.

Well how cool is that! I had know idea! Thanks MikeO!

But it makes sense that there would be a demand for bells back in the day of the horse and buggy. Beings truck horns wouldn't have been very piratical. :lmfao:

Seriously those were the days when men took pride in what they produced and marked it accordingly.:thumbup:

Very nice finds !

[size=large]That Indian head has been in the ground for a while. Nice[/size]

Ken, I went to Van Sickle house wooded section. Was there again today but found only a buffalo nickel in the woods. A very hard place to search, lot of undergrowth to fight through. Dave

That couple of bells is a find 10.
Both are beautiful, the more greatly.
The information point of perfect Mikeo.
I found of these on one occasion, I keep looking for the other half ...
Thanks for sharing.

Nice finds!!

Looks like you'll have to get creative to avoid getting stuck by thorns. Chop-chop :cool:
Good luck!

Dave glad to hear that spot is still active.I haven't been detecting yet but got 3months of researching worth.