Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got the 10X14 !

Knipper

Hooray! Just received my new 10X14 DD EQ Excelerator coil direct from Detech in Bulgaria. Found that the threaded ring that retains the coil to the detector was a little bent out of shape, but I got that fixed in no time with a little patient bending and shaping. I've only tried it in my back yard, which is TERRIBLE for electrical interference, but I think this one will be a keeper. Heavier than the stock coil but about the same as the 10X12 Butterfly coil (2 inches longer!) I'll be anxious to take this on a regular hunt ASAP. I'll post back with my impressions. This is a very sleek looking coil, and should be good for covering more ground even if the depth turns out to be equal to my other larger coils. I'm used to pinpointing right under where the shaft meets the coil, but the connecting point is offset on this one, and experimenting showed the sweet spot was still in the center of the coil, about an inch and a half in front of where the lower rod connects.

Terry....How's that 6x8 we dealt on working for ya? I was using my Ultimate all day today (5hrs straight) and it's not too heavy for a larger coil.......just saying.

My only problem with that coil, ( the 6" X 8" one), is how wide the cable is coiled. It is MUCH wider than any other Detech/SEF coil I own and it's an absolute P.I.T.A. to thread through the stems. Once in, it's almost impossible to adjust the length of the shaft because the internal cable presses on the surface and won't move up and down. I was thinking of using some powdered graphite to lube the inside of the stems/shafts so it will move better. Never had a problem with them as far as operating though...it's a great coil that way! I just have to devote one lower shaft assembly to that coil alone as changing it out takes great effort and time. Not displeased with the purchase, just the way the coil cord was made. So, no problem with the transaction! Thanks for selling it me. I'll figure out some work-around for the cord configuration!
As to the Ultimate, I have one of those too, (I'm an admitted coil wh**re...), and I really like it. I guess I have so many because with good spots to hunt scarce in these parts, I have to look for any advantage I can get when searching the old sites that have been heavily hit. Even with he best equipment, you're not going to find what isn't there! :cheers:

Yes, I've been out twice with it. One thing I noticed is that it's VERY stable. I like stability in a coil....less noise to interpret. Didn't walk over anything super deep, but recovered some dimes at 7" (Barber, 1910, 1916). Managed to scratch the back of the 1916 because I didn't pinpoint accurately. The scratch occurred when I was widening the hole. Signals were solid and clear and easy to interpret. I also have a 12" round Exelerator coil, that is much the same for stability and great depth. I think the two are pretty close to being equal, but won't know for sure until I detect a deep one. I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I feel a bit "exclusive" as they are unavailable here, but I won't wave it in anyone's face! :)

Knipper said:
Yes, I've been out twice with it. One thing I noticed is that it's VERY stable. I like stability in a coil....less noise to interpret. Didn't walk over anything super deep, but recovered some dimes at 7" (Barber, 1910, 1916). Managed to scratch the back of the 1916 because I didn't pinpoint accurately.

Glad to hear the coil is working well... Sorry to hear about the scratch... :rant:

Knipper said:
I feel a bit "exclusive" as they are unavailable here, but I won't wave it in anyone's face! :)

Lucky dog... I've seen several reviews on the coil and believe it's a keeper for sure...

Thanks for taking the time to report on the coil...

Robert

I just cant help myself :bouncy: but have you been night hunting with the lantern hanging off the etrac :unsure:

yep nice coil sure it will serve you well.

AJ

LOL, no, that's one of my wife's patio do-hickeys that gets in the way of everything! I would put the lantern on an extended shaft running off the lower shaft, right over the coil. Of course it would have to be at least 2 feet away from the coil, or the E-trac would pick it up! Anyone can get one of these fairly quickly, by ordering from Detech in Bulgaria....ask for Slavi and tell him I recommended the coil. He's been very helpful with me and their service has been excellent! I think with postage, my cost was around $189, which isn't bad when compared to similar sized coils here, regardless of the manufacturer.