Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally i have my etrac...tips are welcome

vatos

Hi,

At first thanks for the replies i had on my previous posts.
Yesterday i received my etrac, and tested i right a way.
First impression good stable detector, sure something else then my DFX.

I used the standard coin program,and found a few coins.
If you have any tips for me to change some setting to get the best depth or results...they are welcome.

Cheers Arend

I also went from the DFX to the Etrac
Take some time familiarizing yourself with the machine and stay with the stock coin program
until you feel comfortable
What i did recently was look on utube at hunts and settings
i am just now trying a setting that includes coins and gold jewelry
I also intend on putting a ferrous program on my list realizing that at certain locations this program
would do best
I am convinced that the Etrac is amazing but I know that the numbers and tones may not be as easy to
distinguish as the DFX did but when you are able to do so it will be well worth it
HH

dont eat yellow snow:rofl:
just make sure your signal maches your swing cause their is lots of tricky signals out their and welcome to the family of minelab

If you don't have a coin garden. I'd at least plant a wheat, IH, silver dime and a nickel down in clean ground and give 'em a listen to. You can also put down some other coins at 1 to 2 inches and hear how they sound. For the most part its the falsing (this should be somewhat limited in the stock program) and the shallow (3 and 4 beep hits) that are the confusing parts. A silver dime at 6" is actually quite fun to listen to. Open up the 01-40 through the 01-45 spots for large silver.

Don't be afraid to ask away. We're good a answering the same questions....because we've been there!

NebTrac

( 1 ) - If you don't already have it - get a copy of Andy's Explorer & E-Trac book - goes way beyond the factory manual - tons of great information and tips here !

( 2 ) - Give the machine time to go deep and send you target info. - Go slow - take your time - wiggle the coil over the deeper hits - check the target ID numbers from two different angles 90 degrees out from each other - if the target throws a solid tone and the target numbers don't bounce around - JUST DIG IT ! This can result in some really nice finds that other people missed !

Good luck this season ! --- Mark

Take your time and enjoy the machine. Don't feel pressured to hurry and learn to fast.

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
If your in North America set it to TRASH HIGH and GROUND DIFFICULT unless it's sand then GROUND NORMAL. May be the same where your at.

just thought i would mention that tests have been done in the mode ground normal and the etrac ignored a large silver coin so to be sure i would keep it in ground difficukt

vatos said:
Hi,

At first thanks for the replies i had on my previous posts.
Yesterday i received my etrac, and tested i right a way.
First impression good stable detector, sure something else then my DFX.

I used the standard coin program,and found a few coins.
If you have any tips for me to change some setting to get the best depth or results...they are welcome.

Cheers Arend

ok well i would work in auto sensitivity for most of my hunting especially in trashy conditions dont forget to noise cancel when altering soil types or when you start hunting get an iffy signal just use the cursors on the left hand side to put you in and out of manual sensitivity you will know when you are in auto as there will be a circle at the top ok the up and down cursors will alter up or down sensitivity so if you are in manual it will alter manual if in auto it will alter auto so say if you are runnung it at 30 plus three it will move you down to plus two plus one ect manual will defo give you better depth but can get abit noisy and defo best to get to know machine in its stable auto mode happy hunting build those muscles up lol

keep an open mind. get ready for the e-trac to provide you with a ton of info about whats down there. the e-trac will not put coins in the ground but it is a powerful machine and will tell you a lot. have fun with it, dig lots of targets, listening to the etrac (audio) is more important than what it will show you.

Something fun to do with a new detector is place a coin on the ground and a iron target close to it, you can get used to what the swing speed should be and see how quick the E-Trac recovers from trash.

Thnaks so far for the answers.
To learn the machine i still use the coin programm.
But i can tell the ertac is a depth killer, hit a coin today at say +/- 30 cm.

Also have to admit that i want to change some options to get the best results.
As said above shouldi put the ground options at difficult at all times?

Recovery deep / recovery fast should i put this options on to get better results?

Cheers...

vatos said:
Thnaks so far for the answers.
To learn the machine i still use the coin programm.
But i can tell the ertac is a depth killer, hit a coin today at say +/- 30 cm.

Also have to admit that i want to change some options to get the best results.
As said above shouldi put the ground options at difficult at all times?

Recovery deep / recovery fast should i put this options on to get better results?

Cheers...

i have brought to the top an old forum topic WHO KNOWS WHAT ABOUT THE ETRAC check the video out and then make your own mind up about your ground setting that is what is great about the etrac people can tell you show you and advise you and in the end the way you hunt is down to the individual there are also several in depth discussions about recovery deep and recovery fast on here and some of the guys talking are far more technical than me and will explain the whys and wherefores about these settings so either find one or if you cant just pm me and i will look for you