Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally - some news about the Manta - its the Fisher Impulse AQ

Come on "AQ"............

The AQ is the first result of FT acquiring the “Manta” project in France and hiring the team headed by Alexandre Tartar the designer. That took place a little over 2 years ago.

When the AQ will reach production status is anybody’s guess, but it is progressing from prototype to producible product.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fisher+impulse+aq ANYONE INTERESTED IN WATCHING A VIDEO OF THE FISHER IMPULSE AQ DETECTING A GOLD RING UNDER A PILE OF NAILS WATCH ABOVE. I just went to youtube and typed in Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector. and up popped this video.Time to start saving up the dollars whatever it takes.

nmarsh said:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fisher+impulse+aq ANYONE INTERESTED IN WATCHING A VIDEO OF THE FISHER IMPULSE AQ DETECTING A GOLD RING UNDER A PILE OF NAILS WATCH ABOVE. I just went to youtube and typed in Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector. and up popped this video.Time to start saving up the dollars whatever it takes.
saw the video many times. Is the gold ring really under the nails or in the middle of the pile with maybe a nail over it.

The ability of the AQ to detect the ring (or any non-ferrous object) beneath ferrous objects depends on the size, shape, mass and exact composition of the ferrous objects and the non-ferrous one.

It isn’t magic, but the AQ uses a completely different method of ferrous ID/exclusion - based on decay time of target signals - rather than the phase-shift ID of VLF/IB detectors (whether single or multifrequency)>

The result is different than VLF/IB detectors ferrous/non-ferrous separation.

I have seen a video demonstration of a gold ring detected (in air) beneath a 1KG plastic bottle of pure iron filings with several large nails on top. Unfortunately this kind of demonstration will have to wait until the AQ is introduced to the market. Then you can expect all kinds of folks to post videos of all sorts of tests demonstrating the unique (but definitely not magical) characteristics of this design.

Will everyone fall down in amazement and rush out and buy not - no of course not. For one thing, the ferrous ID of the AQ uses the signal decay time to sort low/medium conductors such as gold jewelry (and lead, aluminum, etc) for long decay targets such a ferrous targets - and sadly - silver. No coinshooters will be impressed!!

Wheres the beef? Wheres Waldo? Where is the machine? First Texas dropped its dealers …..I am wondering if the machine will ever even make it to market. No buzz from them only a few ghost sightings by the elite few....on a beach in a distant past.

So no one is selling fist. :shrug: Like to hear from some of the dealers to see if that is so.

Takes awhile to hunt all of the beaches in the US. :bouncy:

I had the opportunity to test one a year ago. It worked fine. That unit was one of a very small batch (I don’t know how many) which were hand built in El Paso.

It is a long and expensive road from hand built prototypes to a production version which can be cracked out in the tens of thousands by a qualified process which yields extremely low numbers of “escapes” (units whose performance is not to standard or which suffer “infant mortality” in the field. It appears that First Texas is somewhere along that road. It may be that production is near - or it may be that issues will be revealed during this development and “productionizing” process which will require modification to the device or even more likely, the production process.

I have no information or insight regarding this.

Let me revise the last sentence above.

I have new evidence that the AQ project is progressing - likely with some bumps in the road - most projects have these by the way.

lytle78 said:
Let me revise the last sentence above.

I have new evidence that the AQ project is progressing - likely with some bumps in the road - most projects have these by the way.

Thanks for the update Rick. :fisher::thumbup:

Come on "AQ".....:super:

Updates and details are appreciated Rick.

Rich

Now it seems clear that production units are being built. Once stock is sufficient - and if there are no “hiccups” product launch should follow. When??? I don’t know - but at some point they will SPRING it on us. Lol

Per a conversation I had today with Tim Mallory - VP of marketing and sales at Fisher/First Texas - I am apparently “customer zero” for the AQ.

For reasons of copyright protection (which I don’t understand) it was important to sell exactly 1 Fisher Impulse AQ in calendar year 2019. I guess because I am a PITA, I was invited to be it. It had to be a bona fide sale, so I am paying for it - cheerfully. Can’t discuss the price because that may or may not equal the eventual launch price.

I am told it will ship Monday. Since I figured that I was “in the catbird seat” I asked them to include a Fisher cap to replace the one I lost a while back.

My nearest US beach is in San Diego and I have no time to drive there soon. I will be doing an “unboxing” video and some stuff of using it inland here in Gold Canyon AZ - where there is no gold. I may borrow some of my wife’s “minor” bits to practice with however.

I didn’t get picked because I am the worlds best or most successful beach hunter. It was probably because I have been keenly interested in PI detector development for 15 years or so, following and commenting in forums about the the Whites DF PI, the TDI - owning several of each. Two and a half years ago I was told that Fisher had acquired the Manta project and it’s development team. I had been following the Manta for a year or two before that.

So, my plan is to wring out this PI as a detector. Sensitivity, threshold stability, depth on standardized targets in different soil conditions. Likely a trip to San Diego or higher up the SoCal coast after New Years. I am reasonably sure I can find some folks who want to play with my new machine.

From following your posts, they picked a very qualified test driver. Maybe you could get them to spring for a week at the beach. Lol

lytle78 said:
Per a conversation I had today with Tim Mallory - VP of marketing and sales at Fisher/First Texas - I am apparently “customer zero” for the AQ.

For reasons of copyright protection (which I don’t understand) it was important to sell exactly 1 Fisher Impulse AQ in calendar year 2019. I guess because I am a PITA, I was invited to be it. It had to be a bona fide sale, so I am paying for it - cheerfully. Can’t discuss the price because that may or may not equal the eventual launch price.

I am told it will ship Monday. Since I figured that I was “in the catbird seat” I asked them to include a Fisher cap to replace the one I lost a while back.

My nearest US beach is in San Diego and I have no time to drive there soon. I will be doing an “unboxing” video and some stuff of using it inland here in Gold Canyon AZ - where there is no gold. I may borrow some of my wife’s “minor” bits to practice with however.

I didn’t get picked because I am the worlds best or most successful beach hunter. It was probably because I have been keenly interested in PI detector development for 15 years or so, following and commenting in forums about the the Whites DF PI, the TDI - owning several of each. Two and a half years ago I was told that Fisher had acquired the Manta project and it’s development team. I had been following the Manta for a year or two before that.

So, my plan is to wring out this PI as a detector. Sensitivity, threshold stability, depth on standardized targets in different soil conditions. Likely a trip to San Diego or higher up the SoCal coast after New Years. I am reasonably sure I can find some folks who want to play with my new machine.

Rick -

By the response on the forums to your post of the impending delivery of the first production Impulse AQ , it looks like you could have a sizable entourage road-tripping with you to San Diego - if you want. :thumbup: You could throw a curve to everybody is you headed East for some hunting with OBN in the bay. Take some warm clothes.

Best of luck on the maiden voyage. Many are watching -

Rich -