Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally struck gold!

Ted S

On 12-9 I was eating supper when my doorbell rang. Local realtor had a relative that was playing with the dog in the backyard and lost his heirloom grandfathers wedding gold wedding band.He asked if I still had a metal detector and I told him I did. He wanted me to come right way and I said I would rather wait until morning daylight. We had some snow on the ground and it was 27* with around 20 mph winds from the northwest. I thought about it and called him and was on my way. When I got there there was around six people with flashlights looking on the ground. I had my Equinox 900 and started to search the area they marked off. I had a few good hits but they were deeper targets. I did mark a few spots that I had good hits on. About 45 minutes into the hunt a guy yells I got it!! He found it in one of the spots I marked and it was stomped on and just below the surface. I am happy the ring was found and they gave me 20.00 for my trouble. I did learn I do not like hunting in the nasty cold and am not fond of night hunting. HH! and see ya all in the spring!! Ted

On 12-9 I was eating supper when my doorbell rang. Local realtor had a relative that was playing with the dog in the backyard and lost his heirloom grandfathers wedding gold wedding band.He asked if I still had a metal detector and I told him I did. He wanted me to come right way and I said I would rather wait until morning daylight. We had some snow on the ground and it was 27* with around 20 mph winds from the northwest. I thought about it and called him and was on my way. When I got there there was around six people with flashlights looking on the ground. I had my Equinox 900 and started to search the area they marked off. I had a few good hits but they were deeper targets. I did mark a few spots that I had good hits on. About 45 minutes into the hunt a guy yells I got it!! He found it in one of the spots I marked and it was stomped on and just below the surface. I am happy the ring was found and they gave me 20.00 for my trouble. I did learn I do not like hunting in the nasty cold and am not fond of night hunting. HH! and see ya all in the spring!! Ted
Great job Ted! I don’t like detecting in the nasty cold either. Time to hibernate 😂
As you mentioned, see you in the Spring 😎

It’s nice too be neighborly and super you persevered. Gives me shivers visualizing your story. Nice going, I’m thinking a steak dinner should have been included. Congratulations on being their Knight with shining detector.

Thanks again everyone! We went to a gun show this morning..Ended up finding a nice forearm for my Winchester Model 42 and some 20 gauge shells. Then we stopped at a store and I got me and the wife a couple of rib eyes for supper! Life is indeed good!:D

Spring In Michigan...
spring in MI.png

Fortunately I believe most of us would have done the same thing. More than likely you will start getting more permissions once the story gets around locally.