Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fire arms

I used to carry but dont anymore. Not for 20 years I guess, used to reload and practice a lot, used to live where it was no problem to carry, and since everyone else was, I did too. I TRY to be mentally prepared for a jumping, try to be invisible, and try not to hunt areas where a jumping is most likely..That being said, in this awful economy, the meth freaks will rob a guy for nothing! The one side earphones and spidey sense to surroundings is good advice, carrying or not. my wife and daughter figure I'll get jumped sooner or later detecting, I do too, its just a matter of time. Hopefully it will make a good and funny post!
Mud

I heard Bear spray works well but is dangerous to use on humans...might have a real good intimidation factor and if it is required to defend your life, who cares if it is dangerous...just call an ambulance and split....

I carry one mostly for protection from the animals also.
The two leged kind!

Willee

Correct me if i'm wrong but are there people here that are willing to shoot somebody for trying to steal their detector?I confess that I am looking at this as an outsider from a different country but from what I am reading I would be put off from visiting your country.We hear about shootings and gun crime in America all the time over here,you have the highest rate of gun crime by far of any country on this planet.......do you not think this is because guns are so easily obtainable? I feel sorry for those of you who feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourselves when out participating in your favourite pastimes.....i hope one day your leaders can sort out societies problems so that you do not have to keep looking over your shoulder when you are trying to enjoy yourselves.Until this happens you cannot consider yourselves as truly free.....you will always be restricted by the scum of society.There is a simple but effective solution.......fewer guns equals less gun crime.....if tighter controls are bought in it will be harder for scum bags to attain weapons as well.....over here there is a no tolerance policy to any weapon carried about the person.....i can hunt wherever I have permission with both earcups over my ears without much worry about getting mugged by someone with a gun.....would u not like this?Until tighter controls are bought in your situation will remain the same and I think most people realise this.....it is just a case of "if a criminal can carry a gun,i will".........take the guns from the criminals with tighter controls and you may not have to.Until somebody drops the gung ho wild west attitude that everyone is entitled to carry a weapon that can kill in the blink of an eye society will have to keep coming to terms with mass killings and high rates of gun crime its that simple.It will be a very hard road to implement change that actually works but do people not think they owe it to their children to provide a safer environment to live in and one devoid of the fear of being the victim of gun crime.

Be careful, some of your facts are wrong! We do not have the highest gun crime per capita, a quick fact check will prove that! Several studies that have been peer reviewed have also shown an areas culture has FAR more effect on crime then availability of firearms. In fact here in the USA the areas with the tightest gun control laws have the highest crime and gun violence rates. Remember we do not even remotely have an unbiased press either. They hand pick every bad story they can find that casts a bad light on firearms and ignore the fact that they are used in successful self defense, and only fired about 1% in these cases, over 1,000,000 times a year. Also, having traveled quite a bit myself I can assure you that you can obtain an illegal gun anywhere in the world with ease. In many of your supposedly more civilized countries knife crime is a big threat. Doesn't make much difference if your killed with either one in the end.

Another fact the news ignores is the fact that crime is actually at it's lowest levels in 40 years for much of the country. Well, that is unless you live in an area with high levels of gun control!

Firstly let me say that I do not consider any country more civilised than yours.....i believe the rest of the world owes a great debt to the US.......if it was not for you we would probably be living under slightly different circumstances.....and not good ones.Secondly we can argue facts and figures all day long.....but do the general public ever hear the true figures.......highly unlikely.As for areas that have the tightest gun control also having the highest gun crime rate....... one is the result of the other.I think you will find that the tighter gun controls were introduced because of the high crime rate in such areas to try and stem such crime....... areas such as this will always show high crime rates regardless of tighter gun laws.....this has the effect of making people believe that tight gun laws make no difference.I will go back to that simple equation........no guns means no gun crime and no knives means no knife crime wherever you are in the world.......it is a pity that in this day and age we as civilised people can't quite get our heads round this.

Civilised and logically reasoning people can get their heads around the basic construct of the debate. From the comforts of a nice office behind a keyboard, it makes for a good discussion. Unfortunately in the REAL world, there exists some uncivilized, insane, and merciless men, who live with no fear of God or the Law...they prey on the weak and defenseless, and woe unto anybody that falls into their grasp, there is no reasoning at that point, only surviving the encounter, Being Prepared for any situation real or imaginary is just how civilised people live over here, and are ready to respond to protect themselves or others, its not right or wrong, its just the way it is. The only real deterrent to crime of any sort is fear of God, the Law, or the targeted Victim...we cannot force anybody to fear God or the Law, but we can dang sure put some fear of the targeted Victim into play.