Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First beach / water hunt with 800 = Gold!

dmnz

Hi all

For those that know my posts I have several machines the xcals, ctx, ATX, Dual field etc and are a fairly serious detectorist! I think my best year is 115 gold ;)

Anyway, I was “super tempted” by the 800, that gold chain video got me! Lucky, managed to pick one up here!

First trial today after work, using the Bluetooth wireless headphones, and mostly beach 1, sensitivity, 20 - 23

This is a heavily hunted and currently very sanded in beach!

My initial impressions are it is pretty similar to the CTX feel in some respects and pretty nice to swing! I like the charging concept and the wireless headphones are pretty good.

Depth - still early days, it takes a little getting used to, it is similar to using the CTX in combined audio mode, I enabled 50 tones and turned up the threshold slightly.

The results.....

Quite a few bottle tops, some fairly deep clad coins, 1x large men’s gold and 1x stainless

I also waded almost waist deep, beach 2 is very stable in the surf it seems (so far). Beach one is a little twitchy in surf, but hope will be good in calm water!

Very nice. Looks like the start of a great friendship.

Rich

Two thumbs up! Many more to come...
Thanks for the post

Overall seems a decent machine. Next step when have time is to make the waterproof headphones....then the real testing begins! 3m deep!

I do like the charging simplicity - especially for travelling with a large USB powerbank.

I wonder if wireless BT waterproof headphones APTX would work when snorkelling? Head is close to the transmitter ? Worth a try?

Nice digs..... in the water? Who can complain about gold. Out of state this week but if I get they call...im headed to the house on the first fight. Still got that solid round sound to a ring? GL...

These rings are both from the wet sand. Overall I have been fairly happy with the machine. The “Air tests” versus the excal are amazing. Little more use and will be able to pass more comment.

Both rings sounded good ;)

Great report, thanks :thumbup:!

Awesome congrats
New Zealand ?