Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Big Silver

RONMETZGER

I went to a local middle school in Macedon New York to give one of the grass fields a try. I had on the stock coil with the stock settings hoping to find a few coins to give me an idea of what years and depths are around the area. This was my first time at the school and I was not to sure if any ground disturbance had happened recently. I walked ten feet from the truck and turned on the V3 and ground balanced, and the next step was a silver VDI 84 hit only 4 inches down. I was waiting to check the year on the quarter and get a better idea of whats in the area, and then I saw the large silver edge sticking out of the side of the hole. At first I thought that it must be a cheap game token or play money, but as I pulled the coin out of the hole I could not believe my eyes, Yes my first big silver with 1902 clearly visible without my glasses. I was now thinking that this was going to be my best day ever detecting. Two hours later I had my big silver and a Hot Wheel (1986). I have been back twice since and still no more silver. Still my best find of the year. Ron in Henrietta NY

2010 Totals Barber Half's-1, Silver Quarters-2, Mercury's-6, Silver Rosie's-4, War Nickels-3 Wheaties-115

Nothing gets your heart beating like the edge of a large silver poking out of the dirt..............:happy:

I wouldn't know about that. :heh: Nice finds..........Rob

Very nice Ron! :thumbup: