Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First couple of outings... and E-Trac "voltage overload" info.

Greetings,

My first hunt of the year was quickly stopped when I would power up my E-trac, and it would shut down. It was the first time I had ever seen the "voltage overload" error. Nothing had changed since I had last used the machine in the fall. Switching around batteries didn't help, nor did a master reset. It was stored away safely during the winter.

To make a long story short... if you do get this "voltage overload" error, unplug your coil, make sure all is clean, and plug it back in. I haven't had it to me happen since I did that. Hopefully that saves you the heartache of having to ship it in for service.

Finds

I saved three large cents (1800's Victoria New Brunswick -- year unknown, a 1911 King George penny and another toasted 1800's copper with a hole in it.)

A couple of buttons, crotal bell and shoe buckle?

Silver buckle. (It actually says "Brass" on that clasp and "Silver Front" on the back. It's not too heavy, which makes me think the front is plated really well). I do like the Greek Key that borders it though. Does anyone recognize the logo? Is it Masonic?

Here's an old key that I found on my friend's property. We only had a couple of hours to hunt. I'll definitely be going back many times.

Silver in the plug! Is it old? No. No , it isn't... (It was a 1967 dime. I'll take it.)

A bag full of junk was also found. Many nails and bits of iron... bullets, etc. Less that I'll have to dig next time.

Last, but not least... a view down the Saint John River.

Happy hunting!

Thanks!. That's what I was thinking as well... a church was nearby. He has found a few old buttons with his Ace 250 since we've hunted. I can't wait to get back out there.

Good to see you back out Samuel! I've had that happen several times. Every time, I would take out the battery and "drop" it with a slight amount of force, back in and it usually solved the problem. Mine always seemed to happen when I switched the SunRay probe.

I'll have to try yours next time.

Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Wow, nice variety of finds! Grats on some nice keepers.

NebTrac said:
Every time, I would take out the battery and "drop" it with a slight amount of force, back in and it usually solved the problem.

LOL that reminds me what we used to do with our original nintendo games. Maybe blowing in it will help too. :)

Never had your problem but glad you resolved it. Nice finds. Nothing Masonic that I see. Than for posting. HH :minelab: