Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Day Results For My CTX 3030 / Civil War Campsite

DaveStar

My new CTX 3030 arrived yesterday afternoon. By early evening, with help from another CTX owner, I had the machine programed and ready to go. At 0630 hours this morning, I was in Culpeper, Virginia at a campsite that has been previously hunted heavy by two Etrac users and by me with a White DFX. I concentrated on a small area that I had found fourteen bullets about two weeks ago. Within minutes I had my first find, a single ring bullet at nine inches deep. I quit around 1100 hours with a total of seven Civil War bullets and several contemporary rounds. Several of the Civil War bullets were eight to ten inches deep. These depths were several inches deeper then what I had been previously finding bullets at this location. The ground was hard and very dry.

I recognize that these finds are not a big deal in the "metal detecting world" but what makes this significant is that I was digging alot of these targets just a few feet away from holes where I had dug two weeks ago with the DFX. As a matter of habit, whenever I hit a good target I always work the surrounding area very slow and meticulous, so I know that two weeks ago I must have passed over some of today's finds with the DFX.

Today I was using the combined program that "Gonehunting" had posted on this site with a few personal preference modifications. I changed the tones a little, used an "auto +2" sensitivity and used target trace/target trace pinpoint. I was very pleased with the results.

Dave

It looks like the CTX is going to be a nice relic machine as well. Congratulations on the finds Dave.

Very nice always like those civil war relics. Need to get mine out to give some relic hunting a try. It is hot I have been working and I must be a wimp. I just can't get into dirt hunting with temps in the 90's for some reason. Looks like a lot of you guys are doing great though. Guess I am going to have to give some relic hunting a go just needs to cool off a little.

Jason

Some nice finds congrats:twodetecting::minelab::cheers:

I thought the soil in Culpeper was too hot for a FBS2 machine to perform. Guess not. And aside from a PI machine what would be considered a deep find on a bullet? And what mode were you running in to find those bulllets. They are nice. Congrats.

Very nice finds, and a good report. Finding civil war relics is just amazing to me. Congrats

Randy

Very nice congrats on the finds i always wanted to hunt civil war relics just haven't tried it yet

:minelab:ctx3030
:minelab:Etrac
:whites:m6
:garrett:pro pointer
Ulster county ny
http://www.youtube.com/user/firefighter2542005

Congrats and I think those are significant finds in our world. Any time I pull true history relic or coin it is a treasure; cause it has a past and we unearthed it. I also agree those depths in bone dry conditions especially in the clay of Culpeper. Great post