Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Day with New E-Trac

Capphd

[size=large]Wanting to test it in real world conditions, I went to a site I hadn't visited in over a year. The last time I was there, I dug two coins. It's the site of an old swimming hole. There is one particular area on the hill beside the lake that produced very well for quite a while. So I went to the hill. The photo shows the results. I hunted in all metal TTF and dug every high tone. The finds were either next to junk iron, coins on edge, or really deep. I have had a lot of detectors over the years and have learned that the first day is not enough to give a detector an accurate evaluation. But I am encouraged so far. I was quite stunned to see this many coins come from this small site. The top three coins are silver. The class ring is 1969, just a few years before this site closed, so it has been lost a very long time. The initials are in it so I will try to find the owner. I also dug about 40 other non-ferrous items that should have been dug before.[/size]

WOW!!! I wish I had that good a first day with my E-Trac. If you started that well, you are going to be killing it in a month or so!

Have fun! My Xterra 70 hasn't been used since I got my E-Trac two years ago.

Very nice, that is a great first day with a machine!! Congrats:clap:

That's an incredible first day with the machine. Thanks for the pictures and congratulation on such a great initiation.

NebTrac

WOW five rings and all those coins on your first day - wow !!!

That would be a great Last Day:thumbup:.
That's a lot of holes, all those goody's plus 40 more, Wow. Obviously, it was worth all that digging but how do you feel your success rate was on good to bad targets? When you dug a good one were you suprised, or did it come with enough regularity that you sort of expected it? I know when I do that same thing, I end up with a ton of aluminum.
Maybe now that you got all that stuff out of the ground, some deeper targets might just present themselves as there is definetly less trash to mask targets now. Awesome hunt, thanks for sharing.