Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Equinox 800 Hunt and BEGINNERS LUCK STRIKES GOLD!

Cal_Cobra

The EQ800 I ordered in September finally landed!!

I met up with a friend, he brought his Minelab SE Pro and we hunted a little area he discovered a while back. It's been a while since I ran a Minelab detector (had an Etrac about 5-6 years ago, but didn't find it to be a good machine for iron infested relic sites, so sold it). Have a ton to learn on the EQ800, but right out of the gate it makes a nice find! I have a lot to learn about the EQ800, but I recorded my thoughts on the first hunt, good and bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuGhujbqSVo&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for watching!

HH,
Cal

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Nice excellent find on that gold ring Cal_Cobra!

Were you in multi-tones?
Have you tried detecting in the Gold mode?

Thanks Tony! I was using the 50 tone mode, basically all FIELD2 defaults, auto-sensitivity, noise cancel and off to the races.

I tested the gold mode at home, that's an entirely different animal, so will likely be something I put on the back burner until I get an opportunity to go to Rye Patch or something like that. Might be interesting for relic hunting BUT it's a very different mode, especially the audio would take some acclimation.

Beautiful old ring and broach.. Congrats on a great maiden hunt on the Nox.. Congrats and best of luck on your relic hunt. HH

Good job Brian,

I totally understand, just received my Equinox this early evening and was lost using it.

You did great! Congratulations!
Paul

trojdor said:
Nice, Brian... :thumbup:

Have you had the ring appraised yet?

:)
mike

No not yet but I think I will. An astute observer noted in the video that there's hallmarks on the outside bottom of the band, so maybe its something special.

pan4au said:
Beautiful old ring and broach.. Congrats on a great maiden hunt on the Nox.. Congrats and best of luck on your relic hunt. HH

Thanks! The relic hunt was pretty good, but didn't shoot any video, will try on the next one.

Old California said:
Good job Brian,

I totally understand, just received my Equinox this early evening and was lost using it.

You did great! Congratulations!
Paul

Thanks Paul!
I don't think it holds a candle to your first hunt though :detecting: