Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold for me, 2021

Ronstar

So jkline and I take a chance on the coveted Admin Lawn at the University today. Jeff says he can feel some jewelry and silver still lurks subterranean. Like a couple of young teenagers we fire up the detectors and take off across the main lawn like we were pushing Jacobsen lawn mowers for first place in the neighborhood lawn mowing derby!! I was starting to wear down after an hour and 45 cents in my pouch.
Then, I get the coveted nickel hit. Better dig it. Says 4-5” deep so nice and neat plug cut and in goes the Garrett carrot, at first nothing on the plug but Garrett says off to the side so pull a chink of dirt off the wall. Now nothing. Turn it off and restart it..... nothing in the plug but the plug now sounds off. Pull a chunk of dirt off with my thumb and by damned a gold circle!!!
I sit there staring at and looking towards Jeff who seems to have this sense of someone staring at him so he turns around. Seeing my grin from ear to ear decides he better hightail it over see what the grin is. Gold!!
We finished out our day and he scored a couple old coins but I still whooped his butt overall!! Damn those old lawn mowers!!!
This ring is maybe 100 yards from the one I found in October. I will weigh both tomorrow and post the weights. Other wise I got $1.50 in clad.....

Attachments

• 9BD64E7E-76B9-4CB5-91B2-A742A5AD8F5B.jpeg
    9BD64E7E-76B9-4CB5-91B2-A742A5AD8F5B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 206
Very nice !!

Weighed both rings this morning. Ring on the left was ring I found in October, 4.45 grams. Ring on right was yesterdays at 6.95 grams. Both 14k. Amazing how shiny they come out of ground.....

Attachments

• 60588635-451E-4887-9355-CF397B010486.jpeg
    60588635-451E-4887-9355-CF397B010486.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
So jkline and I take a chance on the coveted Admin Lawn at the University today. Jeff says he can feel some jewelry and silver still lurks subterranean. Like a couple of young teenagers we fire up the detectors and take off across the main lawn like we were pushing Jacobsen lawn mowers for first place in the neighborhood lawn mowing derby!! I was starting to wear down after an hour and 45 cents in my pouch.
Then, I get the coveted nickel hit. Better dig it. Says 4-5” deep so nice and neat plug cut and in goes the Garrett carrot, at first nothing on the plug but Garrett says off to the side so pull a chink of dirt off the wall. Now nothing. Turn it off and restart it..... nothing in the plug but the plug now sounds off. Pull a chunk of dirt off with my thumb and by damned a gold circle!!!
I sit there staring at and looking towards Jeff who seems to have this sense of someone staring at him so he turns around. Seeing my grin from ear to ear decides he better hightail it over see what the grin is. Gold!!
We finished out our day and he scored a couple old coins but I still whooped his butt overall!! Damn those old lawn mowers!!!
This ring is maybe 100 yards from the one I found in October. I will weigh both tomorrow and post the weights. Other wise I got $1.50 in clad.....
Really good find.

It was pretty much having a short interview with the head of Facilities Maintenance. A few basic ground rules (no pun intended), know no where not to go, and agree to show finds if University asks to see. So far there have been no complaints on us specifically, the grounds/landscape crew pretty much knows us by sight now. We have recovered several keys marked Property of UI and have returned them, some being nearly 50 years old now.