Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Gold

rluka

Just completed my second battery charge and decided to head down to a local lake and started detecting in a remote part of the beach, quite a ways from the main crowd. I tried the popular part of the beach for awhile but it was pretty clean. The remote part has lots of buried metal (a really good sign) and I will be going back.
My screen was wide open (35FE discriminate line accross the bottom) when I found it and my discriminate screen is a modified coin program with the ferrous line at FE31 all the way accross.

Response: Long (my favorite Explorer sound also)
Target Separation: Ground-Coin
Pinpoint type: Sizing
Sensitivity Type: Auto
Volume Gain: 10
Tone ID: 75Hz to 1200Hz (maximum)

[attachment 236708 14K.jpg]

14K Gold, 6.8 grams Mens band
I remembered the FE/CO numbers and when I got home I placed the ring under the coil and the same readings came up so i took a screen shot. (I dont remember what the ground readings were)

[attachment 236709 ScreenShot.jpg]

The other stuff (2 silver) was found in local parks that I have been detecting for years. And I have to say that no silver coins have turned up yet!!!

[attachment 236710 SilverAndGold.jpg]

Our newer Canadian coins just rust away (examples on the far right of the picture)

[attachment 236711 UpToJune27th.jpg]

Im really liking the CTX. The fact that I can water and land hunt with the same FBS machine is a big PLUS for me.

Thanks for looking
Ron L

WTG on the GOLD congrats:twodetecting::minelab::cheers:

congrats on the gold HH

CTX 3030
Etrac
whites m6
pro pointer
Ulster County NY
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/firefighter2542005

That is a nice assortment of finds but the gold has a way of bringing a smile to your face :biggrin: Congratulations.

Congrats on the gold!

I hear that we Yanks may also switch to the poly-steel coin composition after 2014... How long do they last in the ground before becoming "unspendable?"

Nice gold ring! Thanks for posting the FE/CO numbers - I just got started with my 3030 and was about to reject those numbers as being a pull tab....Don

ironman200081 said:
Congrats on the gold!

I hear that we Yanks may also switch to the poly-steel coin composition after 2014... How long do they last in the ground before becoming "unspendable?"

Not sure, I havent tried cashing any in yet. I will probably have to put them in my tumbler for awhile and see what happens. When I was detecting some beaches in Greece a few years ago I found a hand full of Euro coins and the banks in Italy wouldnt take them because they were dirty and a tiny bit corroded. I ended up spending them in public shops with no problem. Not sure what the banks will do here in Canada.

Ron L