Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt of 2015

TerryR

Who would of thought you could go out detecting in Nebraska in January and dig a hole with ease? Short 2 hour hunt and it sure felt good. But anytime you get a Barber it feels good. This park was the last place I hunted last year and it produced a 1883 O Barber Quarter then. They never are worked out and the ETrac is deadly on the deep silver. Guess I will use it another year.

Congrats on the GREAT finds ! :clapping:

Nothing like finding some oldies in the Nebraska in the middle of Winter! Nice finds.

For me, my first find won't happen til sometime April.
Yep, i'm a fair weather'd detectorist.

Just curious if that prior quarter you got was seated or a different year .e.g 1893 ?
1883 doesn't fall in the Barber years..
Great finds! Nice variety of coins.

I was thinking the same thing lol, prolly just a typo. I was thinking wow i never found a barber that old, that has to be a key date, then i was like no duh they didnt make barbers that year ;). Congrats on 4 great finds!!!! wish i could get out, id be happy to dig a zincoln right about now

NIce finds Terry. Especially for Nebraska winter for sure. Some places here have thawed out about 4 inches or so here in central Nebraska. Other places are concrete on top of the ground. I've found quite a few O minted coins and just as yourself I'm surprised to find any. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac