Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt with 4khz - button ID help

Dig2Deep

Hunted a patch of woods that some friends and I have hunted for several years. There have been a lot of rev war and newer finds from the area. Finally did the newest update to the 800 and went to the same place to test. Ran the machine on 4khz - field2 - recovery speed 5 - sensitivity 20 - fe 0 and left everything else factory set. Very mild soil. I kept the machine in 4khz the whole time except a few times of checking readings before digging. Found some typical lead and iron nails, but also found this French button and a v nickel. I’m not saying I found these because of 4khz, but several people have worked this spot on many occasions. I’m absolutely sure I have gone over the same spot in multi. Both around 8”-9”.
Any body have an idea what this button is? I have seen some close examples but no exact matches.

Attachments

• 2CD757E8-5EBE-47E1-925D-95F180A212BA.jpeg
    2CD757E8-5EBE-47E1-925D-95F180A212BA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
  • B705F234-2598-40B7-B0F1-92BA13EC1F5C.jpeg
    B705F234-2598-40B7-B0F1-92BA13EC1F5C.jpeg
    916.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
Thanks guys. I believe the button is brass or bronze. The pic makes it appear a little more shiny than it is. I have found several examples that were close but no exact matches. I’m thinking it’s rev war or just after. We have found a lot of loyalist buttons in the same area but this is the first French button.