Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt with Equinox 800

pacer

My finds for my first day out with my new Equinox 800. Received my 800 a few days ago, and began charging everything up. Weather was good today and decided to take it out and see what happens. Total of 21 coins, 3 quarters, 3 nickles, 4 dimes, 11 penny's, 1 car wash token and a nice piece of jewelry. Pretty sure it's the real McCoy. Hunted in Park 1&2 & Field 1&2. Turned up the volume so I had a Threshold and made sure I had Tracking Ground Balance turned on and did a noise cancel. Every now and then I increased and decreased the Sensitivity just to see what happens. Have to say, coming from a CTX 3030 was pretty easy to figure things out.

Is your soil that HOT? Just asking why you choose TRACKING over auto GB?

Congrats on a great hunt

Thought I'd post another photo of my finds from my first outing with my Nox. Total of 21 coins, 3 quarters, 3 nickles, 4 dimes, 11 penny's, 1 car wash token and a nice piece of jewelry. Pretty sure it's the real McCoy. Hunted in Park 1&2 & Field 1&2. Turned up the volume so I had a Threshold and made sure I had Tracking Ground Balance turned on and did a noise cancel. Every now and then I increased and decreased the Sensitivity just to see what happens. Have to say, coming from a CTX 3030 was pretty easy to figure things out.

dewcon4414 said:

Several had suggested to do so. On page 41 of the manual it states:

"Tracking Ground Balance
When Tracking Ground Balance is active, the detector continuously
adjusts the Ground Balance automatically during detecting. This
ensures that Ground Balance is always set correctly".

Not sure if this is the correct way to go, but thought I'd give it a try and see what happens. But to address the question pertaining to "Hot Soil", yes is pretty hot here.

Very nice, looks real to me that's a keeper!

You'll like the Equinox, enjoy!
Paul

tbw said:

"Tracking Ground Balance

Not sure if this is the correct way to go, but thought I'd give it a try and see what happens. But to address the question pertaining to "Hot Soil", yes is pretty hot here.

read the rest of the manual where says not to use it unless you are having problems from ground minerals.

I read that but decided to enable it anyway/ I'm going to re-hunt the area again without enabling it.

Jason in Enid said:

"Tracking Ground Balance

read the rest of the manual where says not to use it unless you are having problems from ground minerals.

Update. After learning and gaining more experience with my Nox 800, I've gone back to the exact same location I found what I posted at the beginning of this thread. After hunting the same area again for a little more than 3 hours, I found 23 more coins. Some where surface coins around 1" deep, all others were around 3" to 4"s plus deep. No additional bling. I used the all metal option and a saved User Profile utilizing single frequency 10 KHz to check the targets before digging. I ended up digging a lot less garbage compared to keepers this time. FYI, I hunted in Field 2 with a slight Threshold, no others changes made. I utilized Park 1 for my User Profile, changing Multi Frequency to 10 KHz, no other changes made to Park 1.

Lots to learn when using the Equinox tbw, where did you run ground balance on your last hunt? Curious what numbers are you seeing in tracking verses automatic. Keep up the good work!
Laplander

laplander said:
Lots to learn when using the Equinox tbw, where did you run ground balance on your last hunt? Curious what numbers are you seeing in tracking verses automatic. Keep up the good work!
Laplander

No, did not run auto gb with tracking on this hunt. Did factory reset and left everything as is based on a factory reset except for theThreshold. Like a little Threshold when detecting.

laplander said:
Laplander

As stated, went back to the exact same location I hunted in my first post in this thread. As far as the ground balance is concerned, I went with the default ground balance of 0. Here's a photo of the coins I found the 2nd time around.