Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with the 15” coil.

I made one last trip back to the 1 room school house field that I had hunted recently. I just received the 15” coil for the Equinox and wanted to give it a spin. This trip was not as productive as I managed to clean the site out pretty good on my last few hunts. I did get my first silver off the site, a 1946 Rosie, a couple of buttons, a what’s it and a musket ball (rare for my area).
As far as the 15” coil goes, it is going to be a winner. It is very stable, separates well and pinpoints right in the center. I did not get anything real deep so can not comment on that yet. I will be trying it out in the test bed next week and report back ASAP. It is heavier, obviously, but not too bad. The balance of the machine with the big coil seamed to be just fine.
The video https://youtu.be/HZpuMR1JWIo

The new 15" coil reminds me of the NEL Thunder coil. Separation and depth for this coil was great on my XT705. Hopefully, this new coil fares as well.

I will be getting my coil at the Nugget Shooters outing in AZ....I will get to try it out on the gold hunts there so we will see how it does.

Can anyone tell me in grams, how much does the 15" coil weigh?

Thanks

Dan(NM) said:
It weighs 660 grams or 23 .28 oz = 1.45 lbs

Thanks Dan