Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First large cent and another Barber Half

I went back to a house that I've hunted many times, but never found any silver. There's a really trashy area that's full of nails, junk metal, pull tabs and other trash, that I've been through several times with no luck. Today, I got an iffy 1-47 signal one way, and it just kept jumping around when I turned 90 degrees, I was sure it was going to be another piece of junk, but I pulled this 1900 Barber Half from the hole with three rusty nails in it. I couldn't believe it, the half was six inches deep, and two of the nails were above it. I had trouble pinpointing the half, and I did get a small scratch on the reverse side.
There is an old sidewalk out in front of the house where I've found several indian head pennies next to in the past, so today I went back over it very slowly, almost crawling, and come up with my very first large cent. It's an 1844 that seems to be in good shape, it just made my day, and the Half was my 60th silver of the year.

Mike

WoW ...congratulations Mike
Those 2 old ones are truly beautiful
The ETracs ability to pick up a target amongst / underneath iron is the main reason that I got mine but it still is a thrill when you get one in that situation.

T59

Maddog you are just kicking butt with your Etrac,I am so jealous.
Large cents in Mo are pretty rare.
Good job.

CAgem said:
WOW! Your soil is very kind to coins. Those are beauties.:drool:

I've found indian heads in the same yard that had to be cleaned or soaked just to see the dates, but the large cent was up against a part of the sidewalk that is under some cover, and was very easy to dig.

Mike

thats one of the nicest dug large cents ive ever seen. very well done!

Very nice well done

Wow - fantastic - congrats !!! :beers:

Great finds, congrats!

WOW , nice finds, that large cent looks so cool ,