Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First SLQ! First Walker! First Barber Quarter! I've had a good week

Last week I hunted an area at a park that used to be a rodeo arena. It's now a softball field. There were three huge sets of bleachers surrounding the arena. I've heard stories from people that found pockets full of coins after every rodeo. I put on my 8x6 SEF coil and went to work, hoping that they missed some. Even with the smaller coil on, there were several areas that gave a constant null no matter how slow I went. I dug a bunch of trash before I finally got a good signal. I flipped the plug open and saw the SLQ sitting in the bottom of the hole. It doesn't have a date but is still a cool find for me. The 1945-S merc was the only other coin I found there. It's in really good shape. I went to another area in the park that is an amusement park and found the wheats and the 1957 half penny. I assume it's from Great Britain (correct me if I'm wrong). It was right under the ferris wheel.

[attachment 192990 Coins0011.jpg] [attachment 192991 Coins0031.jpg]

Today I went to another park that was closer. One of my neighbors frequently hunted this park back in the '70s and '80s until the city decided to spread several inches of dirt across the entire park. Even with my E-trac, I can't hunt most of the park. I've found a few areas where they didn't add very much dirt and have had good success there. I decided to hunt a really trashy area in front of the grandstand by the old baseball diamond. I got a solid 12-44 signal and thought I was digging a clad dime. Imagine my surprise when this is what I saw when I flipped my plug over:

[attachment 192996 Coins0152.jpg] [attachment 193002 Coins0161.jpg]

The date on it is 1918. I was really excited to find this coin. I checked the hole and got another signal to the left of the walker. I loosened the dirt, pulled some out, and saw this in the bottom:

[attachment 192999 Coins0171.jpg]

I pulled it out and found that it was an extremely worn barber quarter. I can barely make out the date, which is 1909. Here's a fresh out of the ground shot:

[attachment 193003 Coins0181.jpg]

I had to quit shortly after that, but you can bet that I'll be back there as soon as I can! I only made two passes in front of the grandstand and there's room for five or six more.

Jason! Man O' Man! What a great pocket spill!!!! Excellent finds my friend. Looking forward toward more. I know you're gonna sleep with a smile on your face and visions of that "gleem" in the hole tonight!!!! Thanks for the awesome pictures.

NebTrac

Here's a couple more shots of them all cleaned up. I found the 1925 wheat today too and yes, I scratched the quarter. Twice.

What a pair of great hunts. Great job selecting the right places to hunt. And that for sharing.

Always good to have some inspiration.

Rich (Utah)

beautiful coins! yep,a british halfpenny

Wow Jason - what a great week - beautiful coins !!!:beers:

Keep on diggin !

Three firsts, I would call that an amazing week!!!! That is out of this world, I can feel the excitement, thanks for sharing it with us. -- Randy

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, I still can't believe I found all of those. I had to pull them out this morning to make sure I wasn't dreaming. :) Add those to the barber half I found last week too (another first) and I'm off to my best start in my two years of detecting. I love this hobby!

Gday

many congrats on your super hunt :clapping:

It is a British 1/2 d

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_1967_British_Halfpenny_look_like

T59