Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out...in a long time

BarberDan

Today I was able to get out metal detecting for the first time in over a year. I hit a spot that I've hit numerous times just for old times sake. One of my detecting buddies died this October and we used to go to this place at least once a week and always walk away with some type of keeper. He was retired, so he hit it a lot more often than that...lol. The day was awesome, the soil was soggy, and easy to cut through. My first find of significance was a 1864 Indian Head, followed up by a 1914 Wheatie, and as I was walking to the Jeep I pulled a 1943 Merc. All in all it was a good day to get out and revisit a hobby that I love.

Congratulations Dan! Glad to see you back. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Very nice !

BarberDan said:
Today I was able to get out metal detecting for the first time in over a year. I hit a spot that I've hit numerous times just for old times sake. One of my detecting buddies died this October and we used to go to this place at least once a week and always walk away with some type of keeper. He was retired, so he hit it a lot more often than that...lol. The day was awesome, the soil was soggy, and easy to cut through. My first find of significance was a 1864 Indian Head, followed up by a 1914 Wheatie, and as I was walking to the Jeep I pulled a 1943 Merc. All in all it was a good day to get out and revisit a hobby that I love.

Condolences on the loss of a detecting Brother Sir.

Thanks fellas. He was a member of the forums too. His name here was TIM CLARK (was a White's guy until I got him to go with Minelab). Great guy to go detecting with and always willing to share his knowledge of the area. I'm just glad we got to go out a few more times last year.