Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with my new XP DEUS

Nice job nice ring I just got a Deus to had one a few years ago great machine..
Mark
Thanks, I love how lite the DEUS is, makes swinging for hours on end much more comfortable. It is a very capable machine. I've just started reading Andy Sabisch's book, it seems very informative. Hopefully it gives me some insight and helps me improve my quality of finds. I think I may have been using his coin program when I found this ring. Thanks again and good luck with your DEUS!! HH.

That is So Cool . Thanks for sharing and now I am going to go back to those parks that I have been leaving all those 80 plus signals behind, Yeah

Thanks relicmeister! I appreciate it. HH
Very nice ring! As soon as I can afford a Deus, I'll buy one. Not sure if they have upgraded it but from all I see and read, it's a deep seaking and accurate detector!

Very nice ring! As soon as I can afford a Deus, I'll buy one. Not sure if they have upgraded it but from all I see and read, it's a deep seaking and accurate detector!
Thanks for the comment, yes from the short time I've used it, its proving to be an awesome machine. Its a little pricey, but luckily Richard, at Backwoods detectors accepts layaway. Thats how I was able to purchase my last three detectors.

thanks again.

I have the deus as well and its a very good machine , and more than capable of finding Gold,thats a nice confirmation of your purchase as well

I got a new XP Deus last week that I purchased from Richard at Backwoods Detectors. I took it to a local park for the first hunt with it on Friday April the 9th. I was digging everything as I usually do with a new machine, then about 20 mins in I got an 83 signal. I almost passed it up as I saw this was in the zinc penny range but luckily I decided to dig it. About 6-7 inches down i found this awesome White and Yellow gold 14K men's band in the the hole. Boy am I glad I decided to dig it!! I had my grandson with me and he was excited to see this nice gold ring come out of the ground.
So much fun finding treasure. Happy Hunting!!!View attachment 14676View attachment 14677View attachment 14678
UPDATE: Ring restored at local Jeweler.

I decided to take my newly found gold ring into a local Jeweler to have it professionally polished. I've had it done before on other items of jewelry with satisfactory results. The Jeweler suggested I have it restored, he explained that he could repair the scratches, dings and dents on the ring, recut the lines on the center band, and and apply a fresh coat of Rhodium.

He told me he there were three choices, I could have it polished, Polished with a coat Rhodium or completely restored as mentioned above I decided to have it restored. Here are the results. Before and after shots.

Thanks!! Screenshot_20210518-161433_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210518-161422_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210518-161414_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210518-161359_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210512-172226_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210513-020400_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210512-172154_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210518-161433_Photos.jpg