Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with new V3I

Went out for 1-1/2 hours this morning with the new coil. Found some coins but nothing special. I think it's going to take a little getting used to. The depth doesn't seem as accurate as the D2 and it's a little tougher to pinpoint which is to be expected since it's a larger coil. I'm sure once I get out and use it more I'll adjust and get used to it. I do like how much more ground you can cover and it felt a lot less nose heavy.

Sweet Ring! :jump:

HH
Mike

I got out of detecting for about 3-4 years and just recently got back into it. This was the first gold ring since I started back up and it was pretty exciting finding it. I've found a few gold rings in the past but this one is the nicest so far. Hopefully the lucky streak will stay alive and I'll find another one next weekend.

The RNB battery pack showed up today and I just installed it. The detector definitely feels lighter with the new coil and battery. I'm going to have to try and get out during lunch tomorrow and do a little detecting.

Nice bunch of finds there.

Took the V3I out early this morning before it started snowing. Made a few nice finds including another gold ring and a silver earring. I am really impressed with this detector.

Trance, you are doing GREAT! I see in one of your posts that you have dug an Ike $! In over 30 years of detecting, I've yet to dig one of those. Congratulations! Keep up the good work! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Blind Squirrel. I dug it in a really trashy area of an old park. I was getting hits about every 6 inches and it rang out land and clear. Decided to take my other detector out this weekend and give it a try with the new update. It's a nice detector but I really think the V3I is my favorite. The V3I is just fun to detect with because of all the information it gives. Might have to get rid of the other one and just concentrate on trying to master the V3I.

I was able to get out detecting for a few hours this morning and found another ring. It's 14k with diamonds. I can't believe the number of gold rings I've found with the V3I in the past month or so. This machine is a gold magnet.

Very nice ring! Congrats, Trace. Keep it up!

HH
Mike

WOW, I am thinking about getting this detector ($1224 at local dealership! Looking at the Deus and E-Trac. So hard to decide! This will be my first detector! I figure "Go Big or Go Home". Any advice? :wiggle:

Dan, starting out with one of the three machines you mentioned is definitely "Going Big!"

Of those three I only have experience with the V3i and I've never had it at the beach.

One of the features I love about the V3i is the availability of so many different and reasonably priced coils.

The "factory" programs are very good - so the V3i can be used as a "turn on and go" detector for a beginning user. As you gain experience and "grow into it" the factory programs can be customized or you can make and save your own programs if you wish.

The backlight color screen is fantastic.

The option to purchase the wireless headphones is a plus in my opinion.

AND --- White's service is great!!

I'm sure the E-trac and Deus are great machines as well. Good luck with your decision Dan.

All three are good detectors. I have been using the E-Trac since they came out. The E-Trac is a silver slayer for sure.
This will be my third Etrac. I've had White's before and liked them. I have been kicking around the ideal of buying a v3i. It's a versatile detector. If you like pulling deep old silver the e-trac. If you like looking for Jewelry and coins or gold nuggets the v3i. Can't answer for the other detector.

I got out of detecting for a few years and decided to start back up towards the end of last year. Wasn't sure which detector to go with so I ended up buying a Deus, CTX and a V3i. I used each of them for a few months and ended up keeping the V3i. They are all nice detectors and each one has it's positives and negatives but I really seemed to click with the Whites. I've found more gold jewelry with it than any detector I've ever owned. I had an E-trac about 4 or 5 years ago and did really well with it on coins and silver but it was tough on my back after a few hours of swinging it.

Looks like you're out to a good start. Keep the pictures coming.