Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time Water detecting. 10 cents richer.

So.... Any general advice on water hunting would be appreciated. I suspect I will have to keep trying. Definitely more difficult swinging a coil underwater.

This lake and many nearby have had resorts dating from the 1890 on them. Most of the beaches are sugar sand. Lots of pictures of people swimming from that era. I would guess much got lost. Anybody have any idea how coins dropped in sand behave? Would they be way deep? I don't know if there would be enough wave action to move the sand around very much, especially farther out from shore.

Anybody here detected sites like this?

Chris(SoCenWI)
I hunt old beaches, 99% of the time. Like said above, location/location/location.

Lots of pictures more than likely they have been hammered. Only one way to deal with it, go hunt, not just once but often. Learn them like the back of your hand that way when something changes you know. On the lake you don't have tides but you do have winds which can change spots big time, so no one gets it all. Here I follow the winds daily and all coming.. and for me the tides. One of my secrets is.. being able to predict the best tides which is controlled by the winds..in the bay, out in the ocean.. , I've yet to figure out fully how bottoms change other than once I find a good cut or opening with older coins I watch, hunt and keep track. And most cuts move slowly opening new areas.. So stay on top of everything.. Also remember deep good targets on the Nox will null..

First make yourself a Non metal sifter, easy.. discarded bread tray, Amazon ....Plastic Poultry Chicken Wire Fencing net 16.5 inch w/ 4inch tie wraps
(2) 3.5 inch pool noodles and (10) 24 inch thick tie wraps ... Maybe 30 dollars. A must for rivers.....lakes, Bays..calm water areas