Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First two hunts, both hunts silver

amc rulz

I was weaned on an Explorer 2, so it helped my first times out last weekend...I just messed around with settings trying to get used to this new machine. I tried the stock coil, then switched to the 6x8. I've never dug many nails at all with the Ex 2, but it seems like the Etrac is a nail magnet. Hopefully I will get better with time!

if you get a high tone turn 90 degrees and re-check the signal.....99% of the time if it is a nail you will get either no signal or a VERY broken up signal. About the only nails I dig with the etrac are the ones in holes with coins

Goes4ever said:
if you get a high tone turn 90 degrees and re-check the signal.....99% of the time if it is a nail you will get either no signal or a VERY broken up signal. About the only nails I dig with the etrac are the ones in holes with coins
Thanks for the advice! Want to get out this weekend to try again, awoke to a couple inches of fresh snow where there was bare ground...maybe I'll still get out if I feel ambitious.

These cats gave me heck for posting my trash too....just keepin it real. Nice hunt, looks like you are getting the hang of it real quick!

LittleJohn

When I get a twenty something ferrous with a 46-7 conductive I double check the target by going into an empty quick mask (all metal) and checking it again. If any of the ferrous numbers hit in the 30's it's iron. BUT, if the target is deep and doesn't hit in the 30's (ferrous), it's usually deep silver.

Anyone have similar results?

Rob (MickTwin)

Very nice finds !
Looks like your found one of those old Makeup Compacts - we all seem to find them along the way - I've found three or four - they clean up real nice !

Thanks to all the great advice I've received here, I went back out this afternoon and dug a dozen or more clads and wheats, and only one piece of trash, which was a small copper tube. I did dig one crown cap, but that was masking a copper lincoln cent!

Copper tube and scrap will always get you because it comes up 12-46/47 (quarter) or 12-48 (silver ring). I have a nice collection of copper in a bucket at home.

You can always switch to two tone ferrous to see if a conductive signal is halo from rusting metal.

I think you should show trash! You have to dig trash sometimes to find the good things (or in my case, trying to make something good out of something bad when good signals aren't around).

You will love your ETrac!

HH