Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher AQ Impulse PI

Adrian SS

Is anybody using the new Fisher AQ Impulse?
Am curious. We have a couple here in Australia which seem to be getting good reports??

Am curious. We have a couple here in Australia which seem to be getting good reports??
I've got a couple posts on the Beach and Water forum. I actually have two of the AQ Limited version. It took me a little while to learn to distinguish the characteristics of the edges of the tone on targets, but am now not digging much iron. I've had a couple PI detectors and done a lot of beach hinting in all metal with a CZ and Excal too, so I was a little surprised it took a little while to learn the AQ language. It is a very deep detector. If you get one be prepared to dig deep holes to retrieve faint sounding targets.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes the chaps here are saying that it is a deep detector and responds well to small targets in the wet sand. Unfortunately for me the AQ is not readily available in Australia and is a tricky process to get one delivered...A case of who you know not what you know.
The AQ is a tad over 2000 dollars AUD and I already have an Infinium, Sea Hunter , Sand Shark, SDC, and a couple of Vallon VMH3CS , PI's Maybe I can live without the Fisher.

Reactions: tvr
Thanks for the replies.
Yes the chaps here are saying that it is a deep detector and responds well to small targets in the wet sand. Unfortunately for me the AQ is not readily available in Australia and is a tricky process to get one delivered...A case of who you know not what you know.
The AQ is a tad over 2000 dollars AUD and I already have an Infinium, Sea Hunter , Sand Shark, SDC, and a couple of Vallon VMH3CS , PI's Maybe I can live without the Fisher.

I understand the final release version is due out soon ... yet no information on what soon means. The final release version is supposed to be more readily available around the world.
You have a good selection of PI's to choose from.

I understand the final release version is due out soon ... yet no information on what soon means. The final release version is supposed to be more readily available around the world.
You have a good selection of PI's to choose from.
Is'nt that OBN's Heartthrob,Lately.His perception's are Razor sharp.

Is'nt that OBN's Heartthrob,Lately.His perception's are Razor sharp.
He is spending time with his Stealth Excalibur that he custom built. He has some places that he will be hitting with the AQ. Best info I have about the final release of the AQ comes third hand; though I trust the source a lot ... that there were three of the Limited versions that had the voltage regulator fry ... at least one on an initial power up. Fisher / First Texas wants to get to root cause of the failure and fix it before moving on with production.
Edited to add: Scroll down through this thread and you will see the Stealth Excalibur: https://www.findmall.com/threads/where-is-old-beechnut.357522/

I heard Russ B say the other night they are... Shooting for 2022 Spring..

Then I seen Carl M posted this..
A problem has developed with the AQ Ltd in that a voltage regulator has burned out in 3 customer units. Production is suspended until the problem is identified and corrected. They wanted El Paso people to do the analysis but that has not yielded any results so I'm hopeful Alexandre & I will get some material to analyze. Meanwhile, the mechanical design has been changed to eliminate the external battery pack and put the batteries in the tube. Probably when the AQ goes back in production it will be with this scheme and the Ltd will be done.

Here is something I posted some where else.. About the AQ..

My Opinion on the Limited Model AQ
The AQ Limited is not the Perfect machine but in the right hands will find gold.. I would highly recommend if anyone is considering purchasing, wait for the New Version, many upgrades and a much better design on the Li-ion power supply. When available ? I have no clue.

It can be for some.... a temperamental beast of a machine. Which if in the wrong surroundings will drive you crazy!
It is a crazy deep PI, with (some) Disc., which can be amazing or give you a bad taste of that thing called .."Work" / "I hate this machine" / "I should have brought the Nox"!! It is not a machine you would take out blindly and go hunting. There are spots I would not dare take it, others where I know there is deep gold and the Excalibur is not producing.. The AQ is the machine.

For me and a few others ... those who understand it only works if... you walk into a spot with full knowledge of what your walking into... and knowing the AQ's full capabilities will work there ..... and how to use them if they do. One thing about the AQ and I still have a lot to learn, just a small adjustment can be the difference in it's ability to knocking out iron and hearing a gold ring. Just setting it and hunting.. don't cut it with this machine... It really takes fine tuning to the surroundings your walking into to get the most out of it.

I now have 2 AQ's , Love the machine but like I said above all holds true.
I did a compare on the beach with the TDI Beach Hunter and the Limited AQ. The AQ is about 4 inches deeper on most targets. The AQ's strong point is small gold rings.. It does hit hard on the bigger but smaller gold ring seem to have a better depth to weight ratio. I'll be doing some videos of playing with the disc side of the AQ Limited in the next week, since I'm unable to get out due to family obligations. I did test the new AQ a month ago, and had some interesting results which I am going to see if I can duplicate with the limited. Stay tuned..

It can be for some.... a temperamental beast of a machine. Which if in the wrong surroundings will drive you crazy!

Once I got the ear sort of tuned for the edges of the tone; for me the biggest issue has been EMI ... and only in a few places. Can adjust frequency and quiet it some then turn sensitivity down, turn the delay up, sometimes a little higher on ATS and be very usable, but not optimal. Get further away from the source and can turn the sensitivity back up, delay down and ATS lower. Waves at the ocean have not been bad, run delay at 10 ATS 6. Hunt deep to shallow then back to deep rather than parallel to the shore and things work well. The bay is generally very quiet except for the occasion nearby boat with sparky ignitions that will talk to the AQ until it passes by and is gone. I find I'm grabbing the AQ more and the Excal less (since my CZ20 is not well ... it is sitting in the closet until I send it in to be updated to a 21). Last time I used the Excal in Myrtle Beach area I found myself mumbling about only finding shallow targets when I was actually digging two and three scoops deep in the wet sand, which is not shallow, but had been digging deeper with the AQ.
I'm glad I got the AQ LTD and didn't wait for final version. Not getting any younger and a few more years out might not care to dig that deep.

I did test the new AQ a month ago, and had some interesting results which I am going to see if I can duplicate with the limited. Stay tuned..
I'm looking forward to hearing about that!

Is the ACT lockdown getting to you ?

Qleensland residents are free to travel the AQ is doing Well up here in TNQ. 🥰
One item at the time.

:cheers:

Attachments

• DSCF1269_c.JPG
    DSCF1269_c.JPG
    504 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Reactions: tvr