Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F75 SE D.S.T Upgrade 11/14 Questions

cobill

I just purchased a used/upgraded F75 with the software 11/14 and I'll have it in about 2 weeks. After reading some of the forum posts I'm not sure what to expect. They range from "just like the 12/14 units" to loss of depth, ma ma pinpoint sounds, erratic, etc. What types of issues have you folks experienced from the 11/14 upgrade?:confused:

Bill

i purchased a new 11/14 unit and the only problem i have is the ma ma pinpoint..everything else is great ..depth,and super quiet in dst..i dont use the new 2 tone anyway so the pinpoint is not an issue for me..

What is the 11/14 ?

J

When you turn the unit on you will see double numbers flash. Then LE (limited edition)
That is the manufacture date and serial number.
I think mine starts out 11 14 14 .. .. ..
So I assume the born on date is Nov 14, 2014.
Some people assume this indicates a specific software version.
Only the factory would know and they are not saying.
Some think the 12 14 is another software version.
I think the official software versions are 9.0 and 9.1
It is very possible the people who had issues early on had defective coils causing too much noise or poor depth.
Since the factory is not saying much your guess is as good as mine.
I do remember one fella stating he switched coils with a friend that had an F75 and his unit worked correctly. The bad coil put on the friends unit made the unit act up. He returned the unit for inspection and we assume he got new coils.
My unit makes a ma ma sound if I use a tone 2L or 2H only when I pin point.
I may call Fisher to complain about that and see what they say.
Other then that mine works fairly well. Found lots of items after the upgrade.

I have an early Camo F-75. I've been "out of the loop" for a bit, after some more reading I think I figured out what 11/14 is referring to. Thanks! It sounds like a good deal, I'll probably do it BUT... my SE is very VERY quiet in AM mode with the 5" coil, even on 99 sensitivity, it is so quiet that at first I would stop an check to see that it was actually on. I am concerned that maybe I got a good one and maybe the "new" one won't be as stable. I have a very early T-2 that I probably wont upgrade just because it is one of the first units. So, 259 with a 3yr transferrable warranty... I'll jump!

Spring is calling my name!

Julien

Check you AM depth. Lots of the Nov dated units lacked depth in all metal, disc seemed OK. Seems Dec dated units are fine.

Thanks Coin Rescue, I'll make sure to try different coils if I have some problems.

Bill

Kinda close but not exactly.

I was comparing my F75 LTD2 to my friend's non updated LTD. We put them on a bench and with a wooden ruler, would measure where each machine would detect various items out to...at different settings.

My unit, in comparison to his in both disc and all metal, was approx 4 inches off with stock coil. This was if my machine was in the DST mode. Even on my machine, there is approx 2 inches difference between the non DST and DST...or simply 9.0 and 9.1 modes. Fisher said the 2 inches was typical depth loss between the two modes. But my unit with DST not engaged, was still off about 2 to 2.5 inches compared to my friend's machine in disc mode...and even more so in all metal.

We put my stock coil on his machine and by doing so, his unit did NOT act up or go erratic. His machine lost around 2.5 inches of depth compared to the other coil he had.

So this sort of explained why his was hotter than mine in disc mode. BUT does not explain why the bigger difference in all metal. My reasoning is that the all metal side is just weaker. It's smooth...where as his was very erratic. But I think my particular unit and a lot of the 11-14 machines had this particular problem. Those that do not hunt in all metal wont notice it and might be happy with the performance in disc mode. I hate disc mode...and anybody that runs a F75 knows it is famous for having a very inaccurate target ID system...in which it will lump a lot of non ferrous items into the iron category. Which means you'll simply walk right over a bunch of good stuff by running in disc mode, even with just enough to knock a nail out. Anyway, if you have ran the 75 for long, you know that it has a boost/amplifier that kicks in when the sensitivity goes over a certain point. I think in all metal, it is anything over 39 sensitivity. Don't have the manual out in front of me but that seems to be right. From 40-99, the boost is enabled. On my particular machine...I think the boost was not engaging. It was basically the same performance from 30 to 99...no real change. Whereas on my friend's machine, there was a pretty big jump in performance.

When I called Fisher and told them my problems, they thought my coil was bad and wanted me to send it in...WITH my unit. If the coil was bad...I think they could have just sent another coil to replace mine with. Instead, they requested my machine to be sent in. Which tells me they probably know there is a problem with early run units, and they are correcting them without trying to cause a big fluff or scare. I'm betting they are gonna send mine back and say it was just the coil...when really they are gonna reload the software to the newest version and correct the real big issues. We'll see. It's down there right now. I had time to take a bunch of performance notes before I sent it off...and will compare when I get it back.

We have our own Sherlock and FT better get their ducks in a row. Thanks Dan, a lot of folks will be waiting for your feedback. I bought my 75 in July 14 so free upgrade,but am waiting until dust settles. Be sure to post your findings.

Thanks Daniel, it appears there are some real problems with some of the 11/14 upgrades. I'll have to check the AM mode when mine gets here and compare it to the results others have posted.

Bill

REPOST

I had a few fellows{including a dealer} test the unit and here is what we got{11-14-14 2f 99 sens bp no disc 11inch dd 9.1 all fringe repeatable}:

disc:
dime-11 in
nickel-12 in
quarter-14 in

am:
dime-14 in
nickel-14 in
quarter-16 in

9.0-noisy
disc:
dime-12.5 in
nickel-13.5 in
quarter-14.5 in

am:
dime-14 in
nickel-15 in
quarter-16 in

Fa mode:
dime-8.5 in
nickel-9.5 in
quarter-10.5 in

I put the ultimate 13"
disc:
dime-12 in
nickel-12 in
quarter-15 in

am:
dime-15 in
nickel-14.5 in
quarter-18 in

disc:
dime-14 in
nickel-15 in
quarter-16 in

am:
dime-17 in
nickel-18 in
quarter-19 in[ just barely a peep]

seems like my modes are backwards and it also has the mama pin point bug. what do you guys think? compared to some on this and other forums, my depths seem off by 2- 4 inches on a dime, and a quarter. 5-9 inches on a nickel. u think i should call FT?

Sent mine in for upgrades in Nov, found it wasn't quiet and the am depth was way off. Sent back in again to check it, got a call earlier this week from Fisher saying it was going back to the person who designed the software to have them check it. If it's not right call them and have them e-mail you a shipping label to send it back. I can't wait for this to be over.

Daniel TN and Cintitomcat,

Keep us posted on what you find out.
Looking back I olny have the 11" DD to test and in ALL Metal

9.0 was 12"

9.1 was 15"

Thanks,
CRI

Hmmmm. Mine just arrived in TX yesterday for my upgrade on one of the first F75 units. Anxious to see what I get back.

Found this on another forum:
"Well according to the tracking number, my f75 ltd se2 reached first texas on 1-7. On 1-8 i get a phone call from juan saying all 11-14-14's are being recalled(not his words but what I would gather) and mine was updated to the 12-14-14 and being sent back to me. I asked him if mine was fixed and he said you had the "mama bug" and that I was updated and should be fixed. I asked if I will have an increase in depth and he said bluntly , yes."

Bill

My replacement comes back on Monday. The brand new replacement went through two different field testers over two days. So hopefully it's correct now!

[video]http://youtu.be/ky6c-5iiBug[/video]

I had a 12-14 upgrade and upon trying it out for the first time the detector went crazy. Started it up 3 more times and it did the same thing.The next day I took it to a local site and it was that erractic but still chirping and making noise. I talked to Jaun and told him I took a video of the detector when it was happening, he told me to email it to him right away.Called him back the next day and he said he sent me a return Fex-ex shipping tag and that he and 2 tech's looked at the video, I also asked if they were the one's going to work on it and he said no it's being sent to engineering they want to check out the software. I asked him about the loss of depth and he said they had that problem on the first upgrades but they fixed the software problem and were recalling all of those. I found no loss of depth and the FA mode had great seperation, my problem seemed to be in FA mode A/M mode seem ok but I didn't use it much.I have a video of what was happening when I turned the detector on just don't know how to post without going to U-Tube.

After reading this, it seems I should wait until all these bugs are worked out.