Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fishing!

Saltwater guy here. striper,bluefish fluke and many others and a little bit of catfishing in the Delaware river. Ive also been known to do some crabbing in the Chesapeake bay area.

37" black drum, Matagorda, Texas.

phillyfire said:
Saltwater guy here. striper,bluefish fluke and many others and a little bit of catfishing in the Delaware river. Ive also been known to do some crabbing in the Chesapeake bay area.

Same here. Saltwater fishing in Texas is AWESOME! Bought my 4X4 specifically for that purpose.
The only freshwater fishing I do is for catfish and that time is now upon us.

I grew up fly fishing for trout in tiny little creeks in northern new mexico. Found one lake nearby that has channel cat, now my gear are garcia 6000s and uglysticks. Seems like im the only one in this part of the world that fishes for catfish, trying for a new state record. HH all

I love flyfishing for trout in a few Scottish lochs,nothing nicer than on a pleasant summers evening when the rainbows are rising just before nightfall,very relaxing.

Must admit Fishing and Detecting does seem have alot in common 'It was that big' and 'It was that deep' honest :rofl:

i...I live in NJ we don't have small streams that hold native Brookies, most of our trout are stocked. We do have the ocean that holds some fine Striper fishing. Since I started MD I all but stoped fishing.I have to start again. We are having an open club hunt on October 10 ,2015 all of you guys and Grails are invited.Bring your fishing poles because it is on the beach. THE location i.s Presidents Beach Long branch NJ starts at ten. Go to our web page DeepSearchMetalDetectingClub.Hope to see a few folks there. We are going to have some nice prizes and good food.

That's what I have to get back into. I love surf fishing for Stripers. Ever since I started to swing a detector I stopped fishing. I am retired and still can't find the time to do both.

Jim

I live in CO and hope to get up to twin lakes before snow sets in near Leadville to try and snag one of those big lake trout, the record was 50LB 44" back in 2007. If you've been there and can provide info tackle etc. I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Been fishing all my life. Mostly crappie & bass down here in Texas. Just traded for a bass boat back in November & planning on doing some fishing. Then I got bit by the detecting bug again. Now all my free time is spent detecting. Boat is just sitting out in the back yard. Going to have to figure out time for both of them...

I use to love fishing in the little streams of Bennington, VT. Some of my best trout fishing was in this very town. Very peaceful and relaxing.

Steve O said:
My favorite trout fishing was in Bennington Vermont where my father-in-law was raised. He would drop me off at the stream, drive up stream a mile, park the car and he would fish heading upstream for a mile. I fished the mile up to the car, then drive a mile up to pick him up....took most of the day. I wouldn't see or hear anyone for that mile. No litter, no cigarette buts, no cans, just ferns and fish....man, a fellow looses all stress and worries during that mile. The trout, man they were the tastiest.[/quote

I fish offshore in the gulf, anywhere from 15 to 40 miles, unfortunately here in the big bend of fl to get to deep water you have to travel out, my closest spot we catch grouper is 17 miles offshore and its 39 ft deep