Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Folks, there was/is the DEUS and now the DEUS II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

There isn't, and never has been, a DEUS 1.

Please, just refer to them by their actual names of DEUS and DEUS II. If someone can't figure out the original model, maybe sewing or knitting would be a better hobby. XP designed and gave us a new model, not a new name for an existing model.

Monte

You must be really bored...
It is winter season.

I am a bit limited in my mobility right now to get out detecting so I am working on rehab therapy.

That means watching a lot of videos, reading a good number of Forum posts, responding to PM's. E-mails and phone calls.

If someone started making Forum Posts and videos and named theirself 'Calabash Digger II', does that mean you would change your name to Calabash Digger I?

Is XP keeping the ORX and Deus in their product line with a new catalog? If so, I doubt they will add a 'I' after the 'original' Deus, because the Deus is just that, the Deus.

I do not have my Deus II yet, but I do have other performance-based detectors, so I am doing several 'test scenarios' that replicate in-the-field type encounters just to be ready for some realistic comparison tests when my Deus II does arrive w/9" coil.

Bored?. Not a chance when it comes to metal detectors and metal detecting. I turned off the TV/Videos at 11:30 last night, woke up at 4:40 this morning and have be en checking Forums, watched three more videos, worked on gathering up excess coils. Detectors and such that I am going to sell, plus I've been working on some research for different hunt locations I need to maybe work in an additional Welcome-to-Hunt Outing this coming year. We average 15 to just over 25 participants per outing ... and they get to experience extreme ferrous debris at these old sites. We started them in 2015, and the next WTHO will be #14.

Nope, no bordum here.

Monte

Well, I for one am going to order the Deus II. I have decided to sell off everything I have and keep my Racer II. Kinda being a Star Wars fan from the early days.....now when someone asks "say OregonGregg, what's in your detector arsenal?" I can proudly exclaim " R2D2" ..................ya I'm bored.

Thanks for the videos Calabash, the D2 has got me curious. Looks to be a pretty darn good machine. In the future when you do your nail test, you always swing east & west. Can you step around and do a few North & South sweeps. Would like to see if you can get a beep on the target from any approach.

I have the same name as my dad .. I am a Jr (2) .. Sr (1) Is not his legal name because when he was born they did not put Sr on the birth certificate.. Om his grave stone they did not put Sr on it

So we are Dad ..Son (Jr) .. Grandson (111) .. Great Grand son (IV)

SO it is DEUS then DEUS 2

No biggy to me at all what it's called......but I will say this; after WWII, the World War of the early 20th Century became known WWI. But personally, I could care less what anyone calls them.

There isn't, and never has been, a DEUS 1.

Please, just refer to them by their actual names of DEUS and DEUS II. If someone can't figure out the original model, maybe sewing or knitting would be a better hobby. XP designed and gave us a new model, not a new name for an existing model.

Monte

I refer to it as deus 1. Isn't that how people are? Like Mike Smith til after his son is born and he gives the boy his name now dad becomes Mike Smith Sr or the I . And the son becomes Mike Smith Jr. Or II ?
You have a good point I am Monte Von Berry, and I have been since May of '49. In December of '71 my oIldest child was a born. We named him Monte Von Berry Jr. and that 'given name' was legally in place. I never changed my legal name to include Sr. During a short few years we added Sr. in my name but all legal papers have me as who I am w/o the Sr.

I guess it must be a ppersonal thing but I mentioned it because it annoys me and most who have been in touch with me. So, just chslk it off as a Monte opinion. We all have them.

Monte

PS: I never had a Deus but I had a few ORX models and I am selling a lot of new to as-new detectors to acquire a new Deus II.

Last edited:
"Aw fer kryin out loud" Monte---if you don't "take tha cake"---get a life!!-----Because of your antics, most of the long term members have departed your forum----and now you're over here on Findmall "scolding" the guys/telling them/ATTEMPTING to instruct them what to call a (Deus) detector! (one you never even had I might add).----What the (blanks) the difference it being called a Deus 1 & Deus 2----at least people know which Deus is being referred to.----Called a "mere" Deus & there will be those that wonder which one is being talked about.-----Me, I plan on getting rid of two of my Deus 1s & acquiring two Deus 2s. TU-----Sorry, but (finally) can't keep quiet any longer---this is just a little "much"!-----------Del

Look I am testing and working hard to bring everyone the information on the Deus II and someone post crap like this. XP has no problem with me calling it a Deus 1. I dont have time for stupid crap like this. Monte is older and has some problems and I am trying to be very mindful of that and respectful.
I know the Deus 1 like the back of my hand and I plan on knowing the Deus II like the back of my hand before long. I am not scared to put in the work in to do so either.
I think Monte is like kajunman and woodbutcher ..... They think people with slow southern accents or incorrect English grammer are stupid. I have forgotten more about the Deus I than those three know all together....
I blocked woody and kajunman because they trolled me around trying to make look like a dumb a and I got tired of their crap.
I get the feeling that Monte is kinda doing the same thing ....
Here is a quote from Mont e above...
(Please, just refer to them by their actual names of DEUS and DEUS II. If someone can't figure out the original model, maybe sewing or knitting would be a better hobby. )

Heres is what I got to say about that ...Someone thats been hunting Iron Loaded sites for years and they NEVER figured out that they should be swinging the best detector ever made for iron in those places (Deus 1).....Well maybe sewing or knitting would be a better hobby for that person...

I think I am just going to block him too this crap is making me behave badly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Del, CB and others:

If my comments about the XP models came across us irritating to you, I am sorry. I'm busy with phone calls, PM's, and e-mails with people who have experience in this great hobby, and some have a lot of time on their Deus. Some have an ORX, and many have other detectors as well.

In conversations, others bring up how they are annoyed by adding a 'I' to Deus, I simply agreed with them and figured I would make a post. Again, Sorry, my bad.

As for hunting in iron contaminated places, I started periodically in May of '69 and then 85% or more after July of '83. From then to now, and evaluating a hefty number of detectors, I made it a point to select the one(s) that worked well for me. As of right now I have four models that work well in a variety of iron littered places.

Those would me my Tesoro Bandido II mictoMAX w/6" Concentric coil, Nokta FORS CoRe w/4.7X5.2 DD coil and FORS Relic w/5" DD coil, and XP ORX w/5X9.5 DD HF coil.

The ORX will likely go to be replaced by the Deus II w/9" DD.

Trust me. While the Deus is a good detector, so are the units I use in the places I hunt.

Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.