Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For any that are still experiencing "audio bursts"

ak_1234

This is different than the fading in and out that Mickfin described (and others - I just remembered his post most). We are working on this too. This is when the wireless headphones go quiet or make a loud burst for a couple seconds. This workaround should work for you:

1) Go to the wireless headphone dialog (in the audio menu).
2) At the bottom of the screen there are 2 options - "Monitor battery" and "Multiple headphones". Select the "Multiple headphones" option.

If you have "Monitor battery" selected, the headphones will try to respond with the battery voltage. However, with "Multiple headphones", there will not be the battery response. This was set up so that the multiple headphones that you might want to use to have somebody learn what you're hearing don't conflict with each other. But, I think there is a timing issue that is causing the battery voltage to not get read correctly on some machines which is causing some to hear the audio bursts (either silent or constant sound). The only difference between the 2 modes in the search mode is one responds with a battery voltage and the other doesn't.

The only downside to this workaround is that you will need to reenable the battery monitor before checking the battery voltage in the information menu.

Hope this helps some.

ak I dont use the Vision with wireless HP wen i get the Auido drop????
But if you up the Recovery to a smaller # I think it Helps???
M i c k f i n

Thanks for the post - I'll have to try and remember that on the next hunt. I used to get the tone blast on almost every hunt. Sometimes multible times. My local dealer exchanged the headphones (he heard it himself) for another new one. It should all be the same but the new headphones are better. I had only had a couple audio tone blast with the new exchanged headphones. Don't make sense, should be the same as far as headphones go.
With the original headphones we had tried different batteries, changed the channel and performed the connect sequence, boast the transmit etc, and nothing was really making it better by much. Did machine frequency offset, adjust Rx etc, tried all kinds of things back then - so that's when he said lets do the headphone exchange. So now why it's better I don't know - but still had a couple blast - I can live with it although it's not 100% right.
The one thing I always missed is when I did get the blast, out of reaction I would raise the coil up waist high or so and off to the side - I haven't caught a look at what the screen displayed during the blast. It caught me off guard and by the time I remember to look at the display, it had gone away.

Thanks Anne, I have not experienced the Audio problems since taking your advise, but then I have only logged maybe 3 hours since then.

There's a timing conflict (as far as I can guess - I haven't heard it on my system ever) with the battery response which only happens every once in a while (saves power and can get more audio info out when we're not looking for a battery response). I think some machines are more prone to that than others are. Timing conflicts are like that and hard to track down...