Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For the e-trac and explorer owners here

Its here!! Its here!! I am going to put it together and attempt to get a coin or two before the rain gets here!! Any tips for a first time user appreciated! Thanks everyone and HH!!! Ted:detecting:

Ted S said:
Its here!! Its here!! I am going to put it together and attempt to get a coin or two before the rain gets here!! Any tips for a first time user appreciated! Thanks everyone and HH!!! Ted:detecting:

charge it first, or you might not get any time on that first hunt.

As for real tips, treat like a completely new detector that you must learn from scratch. It loves some conductors so if you are hunting any place modern there is going to be a LOT of tones. Start off just learning to listen through those low tones. Its an awesome detector but it took me a few hunts to start clicking with it.

Thanks Jason! It is charging as I wright this. Good grief! This thing is light! If it works as good as you fellas say,I will be a happy camper indeed!!

My 800 isn't a replacement for my ET . Its a replacement for the Terra . But it isn't as good as the Terra on some places where i need good target numbers that dont conflict with many other rubbish targets .
My ET will be replaced by a new machine that replaces the ET and CTX sometime around 2021 .
The ET still has the best target info and tones .

dewcon4414 said:
Ive not hunted with the Nox except a couple of times up North... but there was a lot going on with tones. The Explorers and ET...... the thing i had to learn was modulation. You had to train your ear NOT to just listen for the loud coin tones. There is a lot more going on in those back ground tones that can net you some very good targets especially field hunting. The Nox IMO offers very little modulation....... its like running the Explorer on full 10 gain where everything ...... even the tiny stuff and iron minerals come thru at the same tone level. Not bad for trash ...... but in open areas i preferred more modulation listening for deeper targets where the old stuff was. After a few hours with the Nox you can get complacent..... zombie like just listening to high tones or high freq. It all becomes noise.

What you are saying struck a chord in my brain that has been bothering me about the Nox. I’ve been using a 600 since spring hunting old coins in a large grassy area we found that’s been a great producer. What I’ve noticed is that there seems to be very little nuance to the machine. The target is either there or it’s not. It’s either a good target or it’s not. And I feel like in open, trash-free areas, I become lazy and just wait for those high tones. Overall, I feel like I’m not getting the whole story about what’s going on under my coil—like I’m getting a dumbed down interpretation. Don’t get me wrong—I still think ithe Nox is a great detector and I’m glad I have it. But I definitely don’t want to leave any targets behind... (And I too have read Clive’s book on the Nox.)

Just one man’s experience and opinion.

Ted S said:
Thanks Jason! It is charging as I wright this. Good grief! This thing is light! If it works as good as you fellas say,

I will be a happy camper indeed!!

"You will have to learn it first. To learn the Equinox takes time. It's different. Soils might be different to other users and results may not be great? On the flip side, they might be fantastic?
We don't know at this point. That's what you will find out.
If you're thinking that pocketful's of silver and Indian heads and other such stuff will emerge on every search then think again?

Kapok, I would also agree with you. No 'finesse"

Thanks fellas. I am aware that silver doesn't come by the pocketful. It hasn't done that since the 80s! One thing I do not like is the cheesy headphones. And I got up early just to find it is raining....again! I will give the machine a chance. :detecting:

Ted S said:
Thanks fellas. I am aware that silver doesn't come by the pocketful. It hasn't done that since the 80s! One thing I do not like is the cheesy headphones. And I got up early just to find it is raining....again! I will give the machine a chance. :detecting:

The stock HPs are similar to a plastic grocery bag IMPO...disposable after first use.

5900_XL-1 said:

The stock HPs are similar to a plastic grocery bag IMPO...disposable after first use.

Oh please. The stock HPs are fine. I have Sunrays and GreyGHosts. Yes, I prefer the sound from them, but the stock phones are wireless and I have no problems with them.

Jason...I have a 600. It does not have wireless headphones. And I still think the factory ones are cheesy...:lol:

Agreed.
Never used them outside.
They made a loud 'crack' sound as I flexed them out of the box and was scared of them after that!
But I did 'air test' with them and replaced into box never to see daylight again!

Ted S said:
Jason...I have a 600. It does not have wireless headphones. And I still think the factory ones are cheesy...:lol:

Cheesier than Stilton .

Only took mine out of the box to test them , wont be used again .