Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Forgotten picnic ground Pocket Spill, bunch of old ladies!

osgood

Folks , 5 days after the materials I posted as the last update, I had the best day of all at that forgotten picnic ground site. I had made a trip in between, and went 3 hours without a single find. In the same general area in the first 10 mins I got an 1893 ih penny and 6 feet from that, a 1911 barber dime. Then about an hour later, and 60 yards away, BAM, some outrageous signal, a clear and pronounced 83 with some odd but solid jumps down and up, but always returning to the 83. On my f75ltd, im thinking maybe a clad quarter, but what it says 6 inches deep, that’s where these old coins have been laying. I dig and having trouble so I think with the pro pointer, signals jumping all around the hole, and i pull out a 1898 ih penny, great have been finding indies at this place. But theres no way I get an 83 with an ih penny, so to be careful I check the hole again and what another signal? A 1902 V nickel, im thinking im rechecking the hole ,I will confess at this point I cant remember the exact order as I proceeded to get out more of the coins except the last one. I will tell you , I threw my equipment down and practically laid down on the ground to get more comfortable thinking im going to be here a while. So I got 2 other V nickels including an 1883 and a 1904, 2 barber dimes (so I thought) One was a 1897 and the other I couldn’t see the front well. But wait im still getting a big 83 and lo the last coin a 1835 Large cent. It was sad when the music stopped, and I had cleaned out the hole. What was so cool though was some coins had to be packed quite tight till I disturbed them, you can see the one v nickel had almost original metal on the back, and the large cent had some original copper intact and the Vs and pennies were in pretty good condition. Im thinking the copper must of threw me the 83 as I usually get corroded large cents in the very upper 70’s. When I got out in the sunlight I discovered the one dime was a seated, 1887! Lo my busy October had a price ,I was sore, then this past Thurs something blew in my knee and im just starting to walk again without a walker. Ive decided the season is over for me and hope this isn’t a permanent kibosh on my MDing days. Any experience in the knee department let me know. Thanks for looking, CO

Holy smokes! You had a phenomenal hunting day! You are heading in the right direction if you ditched the walker. Keep mobile as much as possible. Have you ever used construction knee pads? That may provide the comfort you need while kneeling down.

forgot to mentioned i discussed with a regular poster here a curious point. What was that large cent, 50 years younger or so than the other coins doing in that pile? He had a good explanation, saying maybe it was a lucky coin the person hung onto. Of course it was for my luck now! CO

Great way to end the season...now you have all winter to rehab and memories of that last hunt will keep you hungry for more in the springtime...

osgood said:
Folks , 5 days after the materials I posted as the last update, I had the best day of all at that forgotten picnic ground site. I had made a trip in between, and went 3 hours without a single find. In the same general area in the first 10 mins I got an 1893 ih penny and 6 feet from that, a 1911 barber dime.

That beats my best hunt!
And, what a way to end the season.

I will say it time and time again to sites that you never found anything.

One word/acronym: EMI

Even the best machines have a hard time with it.

What a killer site - I'd keep going back and work out from the center of where most of the finds were made - there's probably some strays !

Good Luck !

Wow! Congrats there Osgood!!
Great score for sure!
Hope you are feeling better.
That spot would be hard to stay away from :devil:

What a good story "I'm going to be here awhile" that thought doesn't come to often from one hole!!!!!!! Take care of that knee,the targets are not going anywhere.------after1-------