Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Four relic hunts with my Equinox 800

dblue

I've had my Equinox 800 for one month and have relic hunted with it four times since getting it. I had one hunt for about 8 hrs. and three hunts about four hours each...I'm limited right now on being able to relic hunt due to deer hunting season being in full swing here as most of my old camps are in areas that are heavy hunted by deer hunters. I have to say that I'm more than impressed with this detector as the couple sites that I have hunted with it have been hunted very hard over the years and I was able to still find relics that the older detectors could not find. I have an extensive relic garden in my backyard where I buried quite a few relics with a lot that have iron mixed in with them at different depths etc., that I have used over the years for testing detectors. These relics have been in the ground for about 30 years with several at depths that I have never been able to get any other detector to give a signal on until I got this Equinox and this soil here is very mineralized as I'm in VA. about 25 mins. from Culpeper VA. I'm not going to state any depths etc. as every area is different....all I can say is that I'm absolutely impressed with this detector and can't wait to get it in some of my better sites....:)

Here is some of the relics I have found with it so far.........

Attachments

• IMG_3282.jpg
    IMG_3282.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 152
That is an amazing amount of finds for heavily hunted areas!!!
I am glad to hear the Equinox does well in that red clay up your way.
I am also in Virginia and from what I have experienced, the Equimox handles the red clay in my area very good too.
Congratulations on some great finds!!🤗🤗

Very nice! Deer season here as well be careful with buck fever LOL I was given permission to detect a {hunted out} site in North Carolina in March, man we killed it with the Equinoxes. Looking foreword to your next batch of finds!
HH Jeff

Nice assortment of finds. Pretty impressive, in fact. Seems like you grasped the 800 pretty quick. HH jim tn
Thanks very much......I'm no detector expert but due to my passion for relic hunting I realized years ago the benefits of having a test garden of the objects I'm looking for. It has really been useful for setting up new detectors...:)

Great saves on a nice assortment of CW History. The Equinox seems to be working well for you.
Thanks ......Over the years I have always bought the latest and greatest detectors when they come out, like others do in this hobby and most of them would have marginal improvements but this Equinox in my experience is a few leaps beyond anything else I have used....I'm honestly impressed with it.....:)

Very nice! Deer season here as well be careful with buck fever LOL I was given permission to detect a {hunted out} site in North Carolina in March, man we killed it with the Equinoxes. Looking foreword to your next batch of finds!
HH Jeff
Thanks......I try to lay low while deer season is in...lol I've got one old campsite in particular that I know there are relics there that the other machines can't reach but I'm not going to risk it until the season ends.....:)

I'm blown away by your photo/recoveries. Always wanted to find an "I" & "R" button. Completely agree with your assessment of the NOX, congrats on the recoveries!