Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Four Silvers to close out 2021

C&RHunter

Over the last 4 weeks, I made four, four hour, hunts at on old race track. It is now a 20 acre farm field, recently ripped, but still a lot of corn stubble. The track was in use from the very late 1800s to around 1920 or so. I have hunted there, off and on, for 10 years. The finds are sparse, but are all early 1900s or older when you get lucky enough to pull out a coin. We have never recovered a modern coin, in this area. During these four hunts I was going for deep targets, so I did dig several deep nails and a few small bolts. Also a number of old lead bottle seals, lead bullets, and .22 short cases. I did manage to recover seven old coins. As far as the coin finds go, the first trip yielded a 1907-D Barber dime. The second trip I dug a very deep 1907-D Barber half dollar, a gold plated pin(?), and a very crusty wheat cent. I was totally skunked on the third trip. Yesterday, I had the “I have to go back again” feeling. I was rewarded with a crusty 1902 Indian cent, a 1898-O Barber quarter, then a very crusty wheat cent. Last but not least was a 1842 Seated dime. The Seated dime is slick on the back but the front is surprisingly, not too bad. 4 trips and 16 hours of hunting and only seven coins, but I am very pleased. Merry Christmas to all!

Attachments

• Finds Back.jpg
    Finds Back.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 115
  • Finds Front.jpg
    Finds Front.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 112
Very nice finds!!! Where is this place? 😂

It's all about quality not quantity and you sure got the quality.
Those are some outstanding finds, still looking for my first seated coin, 1842 is going way back there, that Morgan half Dollar is a trophy find also.
You probably already know this but just in case you don't, hitting the same area at all different angles can help, I've even hunted in circles and found some goodies that way.

I would love to find a place like that! A seated is still on my bucket list as well but I’m hoping the new year sprouts some new older finds.