Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frequency use

tab-nabit

This evening while detecting I was digging the usual - coins & junk - and I was using the coin & jewelery program:blink:
Anyway, on one target I got a VDI hit that looked like a penny at 3-1/4" so of course further checking is the norm.
So I run in pinpoint to locate the target X-ing and the 22.5 kHz bar was the strongest, and target about the size of a penny/dime.
Then in analyze it also showed the 22.5 kHz , and the hump pattern width was about the size of a penny/dime.
The 2.5 kHz was the weakest signal - so of course digging was the next option.
Now I don't find many pins for some reason, and this didn't run a low VDI like many gold rings - I started out thinking penny at the beginning, but then the additional information the Vision provides caught my attention on this one.
So anyway up pops a little pin near the size of a penny ---
[attachment 128646 IMG_0325.JPG] [attachment 128647 IMG_0326.JPG] [attachment 128648 IMG_0327.JPG]

Not no big deal but like I say, I don't find many pins. This came up better condition than all the coins I dug this evening (no silver or gold coins).
If I was into cherry picking for dimes and quarters only then I would ignore nickel & penny VDI readings for one thing, but I don't cherry pick. But I would probably still look at the readings while searching, then what comes to mind is the color & pattern the normal search screen shows, the color & strength of the pinpoint bars, then the analyze mode hump pattern, colors and sizing. So the 3 frequencies along with the additional information as stated - just thought it was kind of neat - and like I say, it ain't much but it wasn't a penny, I don't find many pins - and all the while the wife and a couple of her friends watching closely, one had already starting to clue in and had said "that must be another penny" (she was catching on), but I said "I don't think so".
Oh well, not many pins and I know nothing about them - no big deal - just a little more information the Vision can provide.
Same as the 83 quarter reading but the 2.5 kHz being strongest - usually is a quarter instead of those pesky bottle caps.

A nice 10K HGE, (Heavy Gold Electroplate) pin whether you are Irish or not....:thumbup: