Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fresh water lake today gold x 3

Jason in TN

Had a good day made it to three swimming areas. Left most of the penny dime signals for some one else did dig a few. Pic left side titanium ring middle two both 925 far right two gold rings and some chompers. Several nickels and quarters pull tabs and some junk jewlery. About 8 hours chest deep to neck deep put silicon on oring letting every thing dry out before I remove the battery let you know how that goes if there is any water in there. Was a lot of fun really enjoying the CTX it is just fun to hunt with.

035435e8.jpg

Jason

Congratulations on all of the goodies Jason, I would call that a VERY good hunt.....

Super Hunt Jason!!

Always like to see your results!!

Jason did ever post you freshwater ring program on here been out of pocket

Fired89 said:
Jason did ever post you freshwater ring program on here been out of pocket

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?87,1737486,1737486#msg-1737486

Sent it to digger it is posted on the classroom fourm under his post programs.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I was thinking, wouldn't a proper o-ring lubricant be the way to go with this? Nice finds BTW!

Best, Erik

Erik in NJ said:
Hi Jason,

I was thinking, wouldn't a proper o-ring lubricant be the way to go with this? Nice finds BTW!

Best, Erik

For waterproofing have not found any thing that will beat silicone. They use it in pools aquariums to seal around tubs and sinks. This is a seal to keep water out it so not really a o-ring so I would say no I am going to stay with silicone.

Jason

Erik in NJ said:
Hi Jason,

Best, Erik

Silicone grease is what scuba divers use on their equipment o-rings to keep them water tight. Seems like the best solution to me except for a new seal design by Minelab.

pspr said:
Erik in NJ said:
Hi Jason,

Best, Erik

Silicone grease is what scuba divers use on their equipment o-rings to keep them water tight. Seems like the best solution to me except for a new seal design by Minelab.

I would agree that a new thicker seal would be a good thing. I would still use the silicone with it. The design they have will work but is going to require a lot of cleaning and care to keep every thing dry. There will be some more leaks for sure. I would not be afraid to use it in the water with some care. That is why I got mine so I will keep getting it wet and see what happens next.

Jason

That bed spead has more bling bling than your finds, lol. Love the grillz, are they real gold?

DaytonaGold said:
That bed spead has more bling bling than your finds, lol. Love the grillz, are they real gold?

It is the wife's glass cutting board it is blinged up pretty good. The grillz are gold they go with the two rings to make the gold x3 tested little better than 10k less than 14.

Jason

Thanks guys hope to add to my gold total soon. Got some plans to go back to the beach soon. Will keep you updated how that goes.

Jason