Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

From ML to F75 LTD DST

Crusty

I'm a long time ML user and still am but the Explorer is just getting kinda heavy for long hunts. Also I have been hunting more iron infested homesteads lately and the Explorer just has a hard time keeping up because of the somewhat slow recovery speed. So I just ordered a new F75 LTD 2. I'm hoping it will be what I'm looking for in a new detector which is, light, fast, deep, and good iron rejection. I also hope it has good deep target ID capability.

Also I'm a little confused what to call it. I've seen it refered to F75 LTD 2, F75 Limited, F75 Limited LTD, F75 LTD DST.

Cheers,
Dave

I think most of the newer ones are refered to as F75LTD2. I guess refer to it as what ever you ordered.

yes those minelabs are heavy i had a etrac sold it after a few months i could only swing it for a hour or two and my arm and shoulder was done, you should do well with your new f75ltd2 takes a little while to learn it. there is alot of f75 users here that will be glad to help also there is some good videos on youtube that will help gl hh

Hi
I took a look at you Web page. Very nice. Nicely done.
You will probably like the F75.
Much lighter and faster working then the Explorer.
You can scout an area pretty quick.
I really like the 5" coil for accuracy and pinpointing.
I don't power it up too much especially in junkie sites.
Coin targets provide repeatable numbers on coins.
I had to smile when I read your post.
I just purchase a used Explorer about 6 weeks ago.
We should get together and give each other lessons.
I see you are in Ontario. I am in Michigan.
I think the F75 can find more faster, due to the nulling of the Explorer.
I like the Explorer capability to ID properly. Within two weeks I found 3 rings. Impressive.
My record for the F75 is 50 coins in about two hours.

The F75 were upgrade several times over the years. They went by:
F75
F75 SE or F75 Limited Edition added boost process
Now. F75 Limited 2 or DST

Crusty, same logic here. I have a CTX now (July of 2012) and a new F75LTD2 (Nov of 2014), had an E-trac and traded it in on the Fisher. I too wanted something a bit faster for trashy sites. I just wanted something different and supposedly deeper. For me, I hate the harsh tones and I still haven't gotten any confidence in the VDI's of the F75. I have used it about 50 hours or more and found lots of good stuff with it. Walker half was my second coin. In comparing the CTX and the F75 there is a world of difference on the reliability of the target ID. With the CTX it is almost 100% accurate every time and doesn't bounce around, but the F75 numbers bounce around so much I havent quite gotten the level of confidence in it that I need, therefore I am digging a lot more trash. I tend to almost exclusively hunt trashy demolition sites around Houston and the amount of signals coming back on the F75 is almost overwhelming. IT IS FAST! Well, in comparison to the CTX it is light years faster and my old ears havent caught up with it yet. I tend to dial it back to about 60% on the sensitivity and run in de, 1 notch, 4h tones and disc at about 18. It is an excellent machine with great capability, I just need to catch up to it.

I too had a problem with the amount of noise signals it makes and I have an Etrac I love also. What I did was leave the F75 in factory de 80 sens. and adjusted the discrimination to where you want I left it at 15 for iron. The BIGGEST thing I did after reading from Tom Dankowski in his forum writings and a few others on posts on here is to run it in ONE tone. You get some chattering but when it hits on a target it's longer louder and harder like a blam to my ears. If the number once you pinpoint and find the center of where the targets located the numbers become pretty consistent within a 3-4 number range on good targets and jumpy on bad targets with a good consistent sweep . Way easier to distinguish wether I want to dig or not.
I'm going to try 1N next for sound setting as the manual says it mutes the iron tones.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2158987,2158987#msg-2158987

I started this thread when I first got my F75 and was having some difficulty sorting out all the sounds. Not EMI chatter, as I was running low enough gain to eliminate that, but the fact that this rig sees EVERYTHING in the ground and reports on it. Many members chimed in to help me, and there ended up being some great advice on the thread. I think anyone new to the 75 will enjoy reading it. I have a much better handle on the machine now, and have four coils for it. 11DD, 5x10 DD, 5DD, and the 10 elliptical concentric. The 5" and the 10" ellip are my current favorites. The 5 has helped me pluck some nice stuff out of an 1880's house/farm site that is still occupied, and the 10" is my new go to for parks, etc

I am still on the fence with the machine, but only for one reason. The depth it can get. It gets TOO much for my needs most of the time. If I am honest with myself, I know that I enjoy moving quickly through parks looking for easy hi coins and jewelry in the top few inches. My f5 is great for this. The 75 just sees so much and so deep I end up going slower than I would like to. But, BUT, when I hit that old house, the 75 is the rig of choice. The f5 is worthless out there among the iron and deep targets. It just can see them. But that type of hunting is a very small portion of my time spent detecting. The 10" elliptical coil has made the 75 better for me as a park machine as it seems more stable and not quite as deep. Better TID too with less jumping numbers compared to the DD coils.

Mark

I have the e-trac and F75LTD2. Best of both worlds.

In bad ground and trash the 75 , regardless of the model , struggles with the ID and noise. I still prefer the etrac or the CTX but in a semi clean totlot or open field with mild dirt the 75's ergonommics make it an absolute pleasure to swing. The battery life is incredible.

Found my first Gold ring with the F75td2. The Etrac has not given me any gold yet.

Thank you for all the replies. I will be picking up the F75 today at the Purolator office. Last evening I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and I liked what I saw. Since I've been mostly swinging my Explorer SE for the last 5 years or so I'm use to a lot of audeo information coming at me in multi tone. I like how the F75's audeo and visual ID is independant of each other. The one thing I'm interested to see for myself is how the F75 will ID in my soil conditions and how it will do on silver coins that are 8 to 10 inches deep. Should be fun, I'm looking forward to it.

Dave

Dave like your web site thought i was on a dealers site by mistake lol. A little good info for you and the rest of F75 user's. Put on the 5" coil, run it in SF mode when your in sand WOW out does the rest of the mode's mile. When a field is plowed their is a lot of air in the soil and the PF mode just goes in like a lazier air test won't show this but boy you put it on the sand and Bam. I don't think anyone talks about the PF mode. Sand and Plowed fields. I didn't try the 11 dd because it got broken. Ran the F75 SE for about a 1 1/2 yrs.

I have noticed that if you increase the discrimination the TDI numbers seem to be more stable. Just a observation.