Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frozen puck during update

I went to update my Deus 2 and was successful with the controller but the Puck for the earphones froze on update and I can't even shut it off. Any suggestions short of sending it in for service??

I went to update my Deus 2 and was successful with the controller but the Puck for the earphones froze on update and I can't even shut it off. Any suggestions short of sending it in for service??
I would just try and do the update process again with it. I believe some had their devices go back to normal after trying to update it again until it worked.
Im not sure if anyone ever ended up
sending theirs in but I could be wrong.
Worth a try and wouldn’t hurt
Try to clear your browser before updating again some weird stuff going on with the browsers

Try a different computer. That happened with my Deus 2 remote going to 1.1
*Mind ya I just had no problem using the same MacBook Pro & Chrome browser to get to 1.0
So I stopped there and didn’t try to update the WS6 and WSA2 XL. I wasn’t going to completely loose the ability to hunt w/the D2.
*I had to keep the bricked - frozen D2 remote connected overnight to power. Just stayed on like your puck. The next day I visited a friend and used his newer Dell. That went perfect. I can’t imagine having to send it in. Xp would have huge issue if the end user could not get this corrected. IMHO that would hurt sales.
Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_6427.jpeg
    IMG_6427.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
Try a different computer. That happened with my Deus 2 remote going to 1.1
*Mind ya I just had no problem using the same MacBook Pro & Chrome browser to get to 1.0
So I stopped there and didn’t try to update the WS6 and WSA2 XL. I wasn’t going to completely loose the ability to hunt w/the D2.
*I had to keep the bricked - frozen D2 remote connected overnight to power. Just stayed on like your puck. The next day I visited a friend and used his newer Dell. That went perfect. I can’t imagine having to send it in. Xp would have huge issue if the end user could not get this corrected. IMHO that would hurt sales.
Good luck.
That was my point to try it again. I would still try it again on his computer being the remote worked fine and easier and quicker than going somewhere else. Again no harm in trying first.
Yeah Yt could you imagine if everyone had to send them in

To avoid issues like this you should do the RC last to avoid any comms between the RC and earphones.

To avoid issues like this you should do the RC last to avoid any comms between the RC and earphones.
Thats a good point. I actually shut my rc off right after I updated it and before updating the puck. Same with the puck before doing the headphones. Perhaps you are on to something here and maybe why some of the issues

Known issue.

Let the battery run down, charge it back up, then try the update again.