Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Full Tones offset …. Wow !!

Tony-Ok

I have been using the D2Ws6 master for a year now and have been making excellent finds , I use the Full Tones program with a few adjustments. The one adjustment I never changed was FT offset …. I contacted Calabash digger for input about FT offset..well he made a demonstration video explaining FT offset ( Thank you Calabash ). The factory setting is 5 , but after watching and having a better understanding of adjustment , I have increased it to a setting of 15 and the unmasking ability is so much greater. Digging good targets with trash in close proximity. It’s like it’s moving targets apart so the audio is much clearer and cleaner. Got to say, if you haven’t changed this setting , give it a try …… It has made an excellent detector even better !!!! HH Tony

Also agreed Tony, it seems to be better at alerting to the initial signal in pretty densely cluttered ground. I went to one of my terrible fairgrounds today using Sensi FT with an offset of 15 running the 9” coil in v1.1 and did extremely well. Like, 3 Mercs, a Roosevelt, 2 Indians and 4 wheats well. This is incredibly hammered ground, but the machine was running really stable today even at 92-95 which might have been part of it. Regardless…yeah, great feature. I’m trying to work out what the downside is, because if there wasn’t one XP would’ve just made it like this to begin with. Has anyone seen a downside yet? Perhaps this is some kind of “patch” or “workaround” as opposed to having to reprogram Full Tones? Dunno, but it sure seems to work.

Also agreed Tony, it seems to be better at alerting to the initial signal in pretty densely cluttered ground. I went to one of my terrible fairgrounds today using Sensi FT with an offset of 15 running the 9” coil in v1.1 and did extremely well. Like, 3 Mercs, a Roosevelt, 2 Indians and 4 wheats well. This is incredibly hammered ground, but the machine was running really stable today even at 92-95 which might have been part of it. Regardless…yeah, great feature. I’m trying to work out what the downside is, because if there wasn’t one XP would’ve just made it like this to begin with. Has anyone seen a downside yet? Perhaps this is some kind of “patch” or “workaround” as opposed to having to reprogram Full Tones? Dunno, but it sure seems to work.
Hey IDXMonster, The only downside as stated in Calabash’s video was when you adjust the numbers higher than 20 + it starts changing the audio a bit. I like the settings of 15 and the results i am getting. When adjusting the numbers up you will hear the audio change very minutely. I am ok with the audio difference. The area I-was detecting was a spot i hit pretty hard. The unmasking capability of the D2 has got to be second to none. HH Tony 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸

Hey IDXMonster, The only downside as stated in Calabash’s video was when you adjust the numbers higher than 20 + it starts changing the audio a bit. I like the settings of 15 and the results i am getting. When adjusting the numbers up you will hear the audio change very minutely. I am ok with the audio difference. The area I-was detecting was a spot i hit pretty hard. The unmasking capability of the D2 has got to be second to none. HH Tony 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸
Thanks for waking us up about the FT offset. It wasn’t in the initial manuals because it was an update. I played around with it like you said above 20 it starts to shift towards high tones for every tid the closer to 40 u get. Pretty cool of XP to bring that too us.

Yes I see that now after playing with it at high levels!👍

Thanks Ill try it !
Mark