Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Full US Buckle

BarberDan

This is my first post here on this part of the forum. When I woke up this morning I had no idea I'd be posting on here, it wasn't my intention. I decided to hunt a friend's house where I got a seated dime earlier this year. I was hunting in an area that was covered in iron, so I put on my 6 x 8 sef coil and switched to TTF on the E-Trac. I got a 12-45 which is most of the time a penny. I got the thrill of a life time, when I pulled out a US CW Buckle. The buckle itself probably came from the 69th Regiment which mustered in my hometown and was made up of men from my county. Never in a million years did I think I would dig one of these in Indiana....I've posted a link to my youtube channel and also pictures.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyXLmlodxdg&list=UUPoXjbzsK_L33b7ERcYAaDw&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! excellent find... I've yet to find one myself..

That is a beauty.....:clapping:

Great job and we are ALL glad that posted this superb find !! :thumbup: Its in amazing shape. Most of the ones this way have been chewed up :rage: by the John Deere implements. Thumbs up for you .... cch.

It's an 1862 issue baby paw US belt buckle. Great find. TomB

Good find, Congrats TIM

I just dont get tired of looking at that baby !!! :drool: cch