Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fun little question!

D&P-OR

At least I think it is.:)-----Now that you have your Equinox--how many of you are still using your CTX (or Etrac) and if so--when are you using it/them & under what conditions?---If you are still using both--which one gets the most "swing time" in now (percentage of use)?----I believe the Equinox does a fine job "complimenting" the CTX/Etrac (and vice versa) under certain hunt site scenarios.-----Just curious what other members thoughts were regarding this.---I hope this post doesn't get moved as it is not a detector comparison question of said detectors.----------Del

I had both the Etrac and CTX when I bought my Equinox in Feb. Both have found new homes after sitting unused since I started swinging the Nox. The 800 does everything I need and does it well enough that I don't feel the need for either machine. If something new comes along that works for the type of hunting I do, I'll jump on it.

I still have my CTX with all the coils, but its gathering dust now. My idea was to keep it for a back or cross-hunting sites, but I havent found anything with the CTX that my EQX doesnt hit. I should probably sell it, but its hard to do. The CTX was my almost daily swinger for years, it feels like selling a pet.

Hey Del,
I'm trying to find a new home for my E-TRAC (with 3 coils). How's that for an answer to your question? Great machine. I just hate to see it going unused... (Edit) For my hunting style (relics) the Nox just gets the nod more often. The E-TRAC excells in the ID department. If a guy hunts parks and yards for coins, and doesn't want to waste time digging iffy targets, the E-TRAC and CTX are the way to go. If you are a relic/coin guy who hunts trashy places and ID isn't as important to you the Nox gets the nod.

Dean

The Nox separates like lighting and is light and fun......but ..The E-trac..To me is still the King of Depth.....But ..I do grab the Nox alot!!!!

Del
I still like the CTX for the beach. The wet sand is where I use the CTX. The Nox is great in dry sand. Just not sure in wet sand. I have just found so much with the CTX it is hard to give it up. And the E Trac well I just purchase one because the price was so good and that is a great silver machine. As far as all three they are all great machines and at this time I will keep all of them.

The CTX runs quieter in my soil and the tones are cleaner/crisper to my ear. I have been using the 800 more to acclimate myself to the differences but grab the CTX when my ears get tired, want a larger coil, or target density is low. The 800 is clearly lighter to swing if I don't want to be bothered by wearing my pro-swing harness. I just bought two lower rods and a Coiltek 5x10 coil so I think I'll keep and use my CTX for now along with my 800.

I sold my CTX after getting the NOX.
But I still wish I kept the CTX because there are times I don't want to be chasing the small targets the NOX finds lol.

I like the new firmware - it fixed many of my complaints. But I haven’t found anything good with it yet after months of trying. Sanded in conditions - I only beach hunt.
Met a guy that just hits schools and parks looking for only quarters and has found over $600 in a month. But I want rings and gold.
The one time I switched back to the CTX it was a great day and I found my best stuff ever - probably close to >3K$ in original cost rings.
Then it died. Got it back and will try again same place and known sanded in conditions this Sunday.

D&P-OR said:
At least I think it is.:)-----Now that you have your Equinox--how many of you are still using your CTX (or Etrac) and if so--when are you using it/them & under what conditions?---If you are still using both--which one gets the most "swing time" in now (percentage of use)?----I believe the Equinox does a fine job "complimenting" the CTX/Etrac (and vice versa) under certain hunt site scenarios.-----Just curious what other members thoughts were regarding this.---I hope this post doesn't get moved as it is not a detector comparison question of said detectors.----------Del

I sold my CTX since it was long in the tooth and out or warranty. I figured I would try the Equinox and if I didn't like it I would buy a another CTX... Six or so months later I have't found a good enough reason to go back to the CTX, and I loved the CTX..

Del --

Here's an answer...I had two CTXs -- a primary, and a backup, that I kept at my Mom's house in PA (for the times when I fly in, instead of driving, and thus can't bring a machine with me). Then, in February, I got an Equinox 800, expecting it to be the perfect complement to my CTX. Surprisingly, though, I liked it SO much, I decided to get a 600 -- and allow the 600 to stay at my Mom's house, and serve as my "backup." And therefore, I have the CTX that was my backup unit up for sale, as we speak!

NOT saying I don't love the CTX; I do. BUT -- I find myself swinging the Equinox quite frequently, and thus -- why not have a $649 machine at my Mom's house collecting dust most of the year, instead of the $2499 CTX collecting dust, given that the 600 can do more than its fair share of the same things the 3030 can...

Steve

My beach is loaded with crown caps. When I get tired of dealing with them with the 800 I grab the CTX.

CTX and E-Trac are now 2nd and third string respectively. They are still my buddies but the Equinox 800 is now my go to detector. I love them all .

A couple weeks ago, I broke out my Etrac, which has been riding the pine lately due to the acquisition of a couple newbies this year. Still works great. That said, I am getting a little pressure from my better half to keep only what I use on a regular basis. This puts a few detectors in jeopardy of needing a new home.

Rich -

Never owned a CTX never would to heavy and lots of cash had a Etrac great machine still heavy but found my first gold coin with it.
So I sold the Etrac got a ( edit) land now own a 800 love it lots of silver and two beach hunts last week
And only two hours over $40.00 clad mostly quarters love this machine!

I like the CTX..... not nearly the work and of course you dont have to dig those bottle caps. But ..... it is heavy and if there is a lot of water movement coil control is out the window and it can be like swinging a dead horse. The Nox is hard to put down...... maybe its the expectation of finds my other machines missed or couldnt find..... but thus far it hasnt. Beaches here have been dead for recent drops because of the Red Tide....... so ive been picking up the Xcal a bit more..... still king to me in the water in PP mode. I rarely get a chance to hunt dirt now days....... but if i did the CTX would get more use.... followed up with the Nox. That smart screen and info is hard to bet.... and it rarely lies about a target.

The Nox has to be putting pressure on sales of the ET and CTX..... wonder which will go first..... will it be non-waterproof or high price?

(See previous message) Tried the CTX and it did just as badly except targets I dug were deeper than EQ typical digs.