Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gain, TTF, Disc........

Deep Digger

Have not been detecting much lately,
but I have a lot of hours (3 yrs.) on the Etrac and feel very confident with it, but have a few questions as far as settings.
I am down to basically one spot to hunt thats close and not off limits to detecting (thanks non-hole fillers).
This is a civil war camp and has been POUNDED for 20 years by everyone and their dog.
I started hunting this spot 3 yrs. ago and was using multi-conduct, sensitivity auto (around 22) deep off, coin pattern, fast on trash high, gain 30.
Found a few 3 ringers and a couple of buttons.
The place has a lot of iron.
Last year I started to use TTF with open screen and manual sens. 27 all other settings the same.
I found a lot more bullets and a half dozen more buttons.
The question I have is I am sick of hearing constant low tones and falsing and was wondering if a null
with some disc along the top of the screen would allow masked signals to come through.
Also should I try reduced gain and deep on to try to allow deep signals to come through as wispers,
or is this equivalent to running high gain?
I know this is a barrage of questions, but I almost think I have gotten (almost) all I can get with the Etrac with my current settings.
Any suggestions from TTF users would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and Good Luck,
Deep Digger

I live in TN. and the red clay is tough. What I have had the most sucess with is the factory relic mode and then edit out 1-38 at the top of the screen. TTF works very well but use conductive tones at times. Go slow and pay attention to your cursor. Usually bullets and buttons will show the cursor around the middle of the screen. Grape shot or cannistor balls are iron and in my ground come in low tone 40s but are good repeatable sounds. The E-Trac is a very capable relic machine as you know. I usually set my gain at around 24 and use deep on and sensitivity in manual until the machine starts falsing then drop it down a little. Good luck. HH :minelab:

Thanks for sharing your settings hershey1.
I usually make the screen small and numbers big and watch for any good numbers to dig, but will
try the cursor method next time out. Maybe I'll back off sensitivity to reduce falsing, but I almost hate
to because I know I'll lose some depth...but will run smoother.
Thanks again,
Deep Digger