Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Galveston Island ?

Maybe some of the locals can help me?

I am planning a mini vacation to Galveston this weekend (8/10-12) and would like to do some water hunting while I am there. I have a Nox 600 and plan to use it and maybe also try out my Kruzer?

What are some of the beach rules concerning metal detecting on this island? We will be staying near the Casa Del Mar area.

Any help or local guiding in this would be appreciated. Any Galveston club members or regular hunters are welcome to join me and show me the ropes...but my time is limited as I will have other family obligations to complete while I am there.

Thanks!

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

No rules except for Galveston State park just west of the seawall about a mile. No hunting on their beach. All other beaches are fine for detecting. I tend to look for where the crowds hang out. Stewart beach is #`1, then around 61st is #2. East Beach gets a lot of party traffic. Almost all beach access costs $15 and parking on the seawall costs also!! Low tide is usually late in the evening and that exposes a lot of wet beach. High tide is usually in the early AM. The 'umbrella lines' tend to be all dry and have recent clad droppings, along with bottle caps and pull tabs, and the occasional ring or ear ring.

There is a pocket beach (no charge) about 300 yards west of the entrance to Stella Mare RV park just beyond the west end of the seawall. Sort of like 'little Tijuana' on the weekends. Lots of other beach access along the west end of the island. Lots of guys surf fishing in the early mornings.

Thanks for the reply. Going there this weekend and just needed to be sure I wasn't breaking any laws. The other info about the best places are a gem to me also! As I remember, Galveston has a lot of beach area that gets used this time of year. Hope I can hit a couple of them in the short while I am there. Thanks again!

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

Also check out the pleasure pier area, used to be the old flagship motel. beach in front of the San Luis and Galvez are good also.Jerry gave the key areas that get traffic of "depositers"..

Wayne

if I were you I would try the beach someone here called the little Tijuana should have plenty of 14k jewelry good luck!

That 'Little Tijuana' beach just has a LOT of folks on the weekends, all partying and in the water! The shelfs are pretty flat and you can get out at least 70-100 yards in less than 5 foot of water. Dont worry about the shark bite on the ankle this week. Sharks have a deadly fear of metal detectors! :cool: Honestly if I were going this week I would make 61st st beach area my first shot, then if possible the Stewart beach area. More depostors. The Nox is stone cold quiet in the water and actually handles well. Good luck to you. The reason I would not go to the west end is because of guys fishing! A lot of those guys are actually red and shark fishing so they will have bait in the water. Not really an issue probably but why take the chance!