Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless System

Indotguy

Does anyone know if this wireless system will work with the E-Trac? They work with VLF and Pulse units but FBS is not mentioned.

sprchng said:
No problamo[

Does this mean you are using Z-Lnk or just that you believe it is compatible with FBS?

I seldom use the etrac anymore but have used a couple of other 2.4 ghz systems on it and they are compatible.
Send Garrett an inquiry , I'm sure they are not going to lie to you.

Received this from Garrett in response to my query about Z-Lynk and E-Trac - "It will work on any brand metal is guaranteed that it works perfectly with Garrett Metal Detectors, also work with another detectors brand." The wording seemed a little weird, sort of like a bad translation, but I get the point. Guess I will know for myself soon enough...

sí, es cierto...

Explorer.se said:
Yes It does work because I have an Etrac. I personally like it.

Did it change your tones any on the Etrac?

I cant tell because I am brand new to the etrac and have only used the etrac once along with the Garrett Z-lynk. It will take me a little time to discern this. I like the fact that I am not tethered to the detector anymore.

Did some air test with my Z-Lynk system and Gray Ghost phones and so far haven't detected any differences in tones. No noticeable lag. The battery light on the transmitter didn't go out after charging and I'm checking into that. Otherwise, so far so good. I look forward to a field test as soon as weather permits.

I used my Z-Link on my Etrac yesterday and it worked perfect. No lag, no change in tones what so ever. I have also used it om my MXT All Pro and my F75SEDST with the same results. The Z-Link is great.

Indotguy said:
Does anyone know if this wireless system will work with the E-Trac? They work with VLF and Pulse units but FBS is not mentioned.

***********************************************​

"yes, Z-Lynk is compatible with Minelab's FBS (Pulse Induction Transmission system)....matt.

p.s......Garrett have specifically stated this in their adverts.

The Garrett system works as will the Deteknix WRLite (looks like the Garrett system) as well as well as WS3 / WS6 systems which come with a set of wireless headphones that communicate with the small transmitter on the shaft.

Once you go wireless, you won't want to switch back to a wired set of phones

Andy Sabisch

Regrettably, they didn't work out for me. No lag but the connection was spotty and inconsistent. Had to send 'em back. :(

I have issues with mine...ETRAC to Grey Ghost...transfers audio to headphones but diminished even with the audio to max on the Z-LYNK. When paired, audio comes through the headphones, and also the loud speaker...both at reduced volume levels. I tried everything and not sure what the problem is....anyone?

Does the Z-link have a 1/4" plug or the smaller one and you are having to use an adapter? If you are using the adapter it may not have the correct wiring or physical design to completely disconnect the external speaker inside the plug. I had an issue similar to that when using the XP wired backphones and changing the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter solved the problem.

tried the z lynk with gtey ghost ndt. have to toggle down. sounds are not near as loud or crisp. like going from sterio to mono