Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gave TTF a try

Cruffler

Have tried TTF several times. Always gave up after about 1/2 hour and went back to
conductive. This time I was determined to use it ALL day. So put the 6" coil on it and
started swinging. Hit a spot that has a carpet of nails that's just downright nasty, at
least three nails or pieces of iron in every plug. Wasn't 20 minutes and the 1886 Seated
Dime popped out of the hole. Thought that was a fluke but 40 minutes later I found the
1887 Seated Dime. Now I have been over this area a bunch of times in conductive. The
1895 IH has to be the most corroded I've ever dug, thought it was a zinc penny. I'll
definately give TTF more time in the future for specific areas.

An older Gent stops by to talk whenever he sees me, said he was 85 years of age. He
left and returned awhile later. Pulled out a 1906 $10.00 gold piece that he said he found
along a sidewalk. Then he pulled out a plastic container that had a couple seated dimes,
two cent piece, and several IH pennies. Said he found these at park in one hole, in a
change purse that was rotted away only leaving the clasp. Told me he found these "years"
ago.

Very nice! It was also neat to hear the story on the old detectorist. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

WOW, 2 Seated's in one day and a Barber to boot, Congrat's.

I'm still new with the Etrac and have not tried the TTF yet. After seeing your post I should give it a try before it freezes up here and I know of a good place to try it at...

Congrats on the seateds, they're getting harder to find these days. And the Barber and Indians too. Great spot you got there!
Ferrous is the way to go in dense iron. Once you get used to 2TF, you might want to try 4TF which i use all the time in dense iron.

I had a similar story, while detecting a park a while back this old timer stops by and starts up a conversation. Said he detected that park for the last 30 years.
Claims he found a $3 gold piece and had a pic of it on his cell phone. Just my luck probably the only gold coin ever dropped in that park.

Mark in S.E. IA said:

I'm still new with the Etrac and have not tried the TTF yet. After seeing your post I should give it a try before it freezes up here and I know of a good place to try it at...

Nice hunt....I envy you guys with the older coins!

Mark & Cruffler....... TTF & the 6" is a pretty deadly combo for sure. Only beef I have with TTF is the fe break point at 17 and having to always check my screen. Think about some of the deeper coins you've found in conductive with higher fe #s' than 17....???? If a guy has time probably best to try both conductive and TTF? I use TTF a lot as most my sites are trashy so it's a little easier on my brain....lol

TTF is the only way I relic hunt. Way to go on the seated libertys and other finds for that matter.

IMHO TTF is best used with a smaller coil, if an area has heavy enough iron to make TTF the choice of hunting then by all mean the small coil will make it work that much better. I use my 6x8 SEF coil 95% of the time now, year around regardless if I am in TTF or not

oneguy said:
Mark in S.E. IA said:

Mark & Cruffler....... TTF & the 6" is a pretty deadly combo for sure. Only beef I have with TTF is the fe break point at 17 and having to always check my screen. Think about some of the deeper coins you've found in conductive with higher fe #s' than 17....???? If a guy has time probably best to try both conductive and TTF? I use TTF a lot as most my sites are trashy so it's a little easier on my brain....lol

Oneguy, thats the exact reason i use 4TF! If 4 ferrous tones aren't enough there's always multi-TF!

ironsight said:
oneguy said:
Mark in S.E. IA said:

Oneguy, thats the exact reason i use 4TF! If 4 ferrous tones aren't enough there's always multi-TF!

Yeah....I know you do and I "SHOULD" take some time to learn it but the one time I tried it just didn't jibe because it was new. I feel I'm still learning the few programs I regularly use and I KNOW I'm missing deeper coins. I think I'll post some TTF questions again to re-visit the subject once again and we can discuss on there so we don't hijack anymore than we have.....????

Great finds - congrats !
And yes, TTF and a small coil do make a killer combo !

Awesome digs! TTF is a great program to run if you can get used to it. It's worth it for sure. I couldn't imagine finding a gold coin...