Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ghost town emerges

xwyokid

Any guys hitting the ghost town that has emerged with the water levels going down in Lake Mead?

No, but with ths drought in CA there have been many structures appearing below reservoirs highlines such as bridges and old dams.

I havent heard of it but it sounds very interesting.
I hope to be in the Lake Mead area sometime soon.
What was the name of this town, if it's not confidential?

Betting there are a ton of beer cans in all that muck. Hoping you all find some great stuff. Let us know if anyone gets the chance to hunt it before it disappears again.

you cannot MD in lake mead, it is a state park they will take your vehicle, and your metal detectors.The Ghost town in the lake is protected.

You're undoubtedly thinking of St Thomas. Well, forget it. Lake Mead is a Federal National Recreation area and the Feds don't take kindly to metal detectors anywhere within its boundaries.

DaveNV said:
You're undoubtedly thinking of St Thomas. Well, forget it. Lake Mead is a Federal National Recreation area and the Feds don't take kindly to metal detectors anywhere within its boundaries.

Not sure that's entirely true. I forget which program it was, but one of the programs where they detect for meteorites was filmed at Lake Mead. Could be different rules apply for meteorites or surface minerals versus "relics".

you cannot MD in lake mead, it is a state park they will take your vehicle, and your metal detectors.The Ghost town in the lake is protected.
It's not a state park. It's a National Recreation Area managed by the National Park Service. It could be a federal violation to detect there!

Lake Isabella sounds like a trip.

After checking out Kernville, looks like the old town is a Historical Landmark. Detecting other parts of the lake could be good. Now if I can find my horse.