Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Give It Time

Rigit

I have had my ET for just over four weeks and although it produced finds straight away, I am only now really starting to see how good it is, I had the opportunity to go out alone for 8 hours on Sunday and spent my time collating all that I have learned without the interrupts "like on previous outings when I have been only to keen to show off my new toy the others interested in Minelabs latest offering" I was now able to repeat some of the original in air results I demonstrated in the video clip. I find it suits me best to only run in two tones as that's all I need Good Target - Bad Target you just need to open your mind and hear what the ET is telling you it is so much better at identifying the rusty rubbish from the good stuff and even when in close proximity.

I can actually claim that the only rust iron dug was because I decided to check it out. Its one very different machine to the explorer and a lot of people need to realise that, there is absolutely no need to drive the ET flat out in manual unless you have really difficult ground then Auto + 2 works great for most of the time and in quiet area Auto + 3 but dropping back to Auto + 2 when it starts chirping. To be honest the machine runs a lot more stable in Auto and if you use Manual above 24 all the time you are going to miss targets due to all the falsing.

I should not worry about the depth until you try your machine on good ground, then if you still feel you ain't getting a good result try and get together with another ET owner to compare. At first I was thinking that I was only getting shallow coins but now I realise it was me, I have played around with the volume limit and volume gain so its nice and clear without the loud popping you get when set to high but still very clear over a real target, this also reduces the volume level when its a false signal from rusty iron.

Erik try at this!!

Volume limit 12-14
Volume limit 14-16

Auto + 2
Deep On
Fast Recovery On
Ground Normal
High Trash Off

Quick Mask
Bottom three ferrous blanked
Side conduct two blanked

even though the first I hunted with one while trying the Dealers Demo I dug a dime at around 14" in the wet sand I thought I was finding mostly shallow stuff when I started hunting with my own detector. Yesterday clinched it for me about hunting in Auto and digging deep targets as most of the stuff at teh beach yesterday was in the 8" and deeper range with very few shallow targets. Also when I was hunting in the iron and the detector was doing a lot of nulling it was still giving me nice tones on deep coins that were surrounded by rejected targets. Many times when I rechecked the hole after digging a target I would get a null and a couple of times I dug the nulls that were still in the hole and they turned out to be rusty nails. But even so a couple of rusty bottle caps did fool me but I am getting to know their sound. Most read 1-20 or 1-X but a few if you keep going back and forth over them did read 12-13 and fooled me. The trick seemed to be that if the target bounces up in the 1-20 area but then comes down to 12-X but is erratic it's usually a bottle cap. Bottle caps are easier to recognize on the Explorer but that just maybe because I don't' have enough experience with the E-Trac yet.

HH

Beachcomber

Erik in NJ said:

Erik try at this!!

Volume limit 12-14
Volume Gain 14-16

Auto + 2
Deep On
Fast Recovery On
Ground Normal
High Trash Off

Quick Mask
Bottom three ferrous blanked
Side conduct two blanked

Wow, that's low gain. I have lowered mine to 20 and I thought that was low. I have my volume higher too but my headphones turned down. Maybe I should try lowering my volume limits and turning the headphones up. I'll try lowering my gain too, I didn't think I should lower it that much, maybe that will stop some of my falsing issues. Thanks for the tip!!

Are you using ferrous/2 tones or conductive or what?

Julien

Set mine to 12 to be able to distinguish deep targets, but was wondering what the benefit of setting the limit so low is???