Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold from the swimmen hole

Todd Pickens

I have been hunting this swimmen hole for a couple of weeks with my AT-Gold and now with my E-Trac. The water is about ankle to knee deep. It is a river bed full of sand and gravel with lots of hot black sand. I have pulled a bunch of silver jewelry out of this place, but the Gold has been hiding. Today I got out with my Trac in the water and started digging everything. I am running with an open screen and my sens. set at man. 25. I goes down to low in auto+3. I have dug hundreds of square tabs and screw caps from this place. My ATG did a good job of getting the surface stuff, but now the targets are coming from 6" to 12" down. Low tones everywhere pull tab, pull tab, pull tab....... then I got a pull tab tone that sounded diff. and it was reading 1/ 17 about 8" deep. The target was still in the hole after the first scoop. The next scoop I went deep into the black sand and as I was coming up through the water I could see this ring sitting pretty in the black sand.:crazy: I new it was Gold and i just stuck it in my pocket. I got the little 925 dolphin pin a few feet away. I was surprised that the Trac picked this little thing up, but it is silver and the Trac likes silver. The ring is 3.5g 10k with 49 diamonds
2012-08-22160712.jpg

2012-08-22160829.jpg

Congrats. Persistence paid off.

Congratulations on the GOLD! Thanks for the pictures and the story!

NebTrac

Excellent ! :clapping: